PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel vs. other NEP QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I believe so. I think I've had the vote of confidence from the coaching staff all along. Otherwise, I wouldn't be in the position I'm in. Because we lose one game, I don't feel that I should be worried about my job, to be completely honest. We're 3-2 right now, we're one game back from Buffalo. I'm sure that there are a lot of teams wishing they were 3-2. Do we need to go out and have more production? Of course we do. That's what we're working toward right now. We're not 0-5 right now, I'll tell you that much. We're still working to get better. I'm still maturing every week. That's what we're going to work toward."

From Globes wesbite...................Matt's happy he's 3-2 with a cream puff schedule. He's happy he isn't 0-5. Happy to be in second place. This sounds terrifying.

Gotta love how people use internet stats to explain away how '' good '' Cassel is. That's great that Cassel has mastered the 3 yard pass completion on a 3rd and long. Do you people know what watching a game objectively is? Do you people even watch the games? Do you even see how he routinely throws behind, too far ahead or not deep enough to WIDE OPEN WR's? Do you people see how he never sees the WIDE OPEN 3rd and 4th options?

I know it's possible he can improve week to week but he has serious tunnel vision right now along with the fans here who think he is doing ''pretty good ''. I want Cassel to improve BADLY, I pray he does but i am not going to sugarcoat his next performance if he sucks like your all doing.

Big game coming on monday night, lets hope the guy who showed glimpes of effective/efficient QB play in the 49er game shows up against Denver. The other 52 guys deserve his ''A'' game.

You're making a pretty massive stretch to say Cassel is anything other than mediocre. His yards per attempt / catch sucks, and even then is massively inflated by the YAC ability of Welker and Faulk, and the few bombs he's tossed to Moss.

What it comes down to is what would you prefer, quarterback X passing 55% or whatever may have happend 20 years ago, but for 8-10 YPC, or Cassel and his completion % and significantly lower YPC. The worst thing about watching him play is knowing that he almost never makes the pass for more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. 3rd and 8? He'll throw it 2 yards up to Welker. 2nd and 10? He'll fumble around and eventually do one of his 2 yard dives.

The guy can't get it done. He can't. Stop making excuses for him, and let him prove himself on the field, or fail to do that.

Given where he started at the beginning of the season, Cassel has done as well as I could expect. He takes a lot of sacks but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions and makes a lot of completions.

The botom line in the NFL today is that the only real stat that really matters is Wins. It's a tough world in the NFL today and excuses and rationalizations don't cut it. If the Pats win games with Cassel at the helm, that is all that the stat I need.

You're making a pretty massive stretch to say Cassel is anything other than mediocre.

I would say you are making a pretty massive stretch to say that most of the QB that have played for the NEP were anything other than mediocre.

Cassel's chief problem is he followed Tom Brady. If he had replaced Eason, folks would have not been nearly has critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back