PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel to say to Pollard: "Thank you for the opportunity"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone possibly find a link to that live press conference if its on the net so we can see Matt's response to that question and whether there was a laugh or funny look on his face?

Read the interview.

I listened to the conference.

Did we ever get to the bottom of this?!?? We can't make our decision just on words or voice here, what if Cassel was winking? What if he gave the reporter the raspberry? What if he was honing a knife and squinting, or sticking pins into a Brady voodoo doll?

Dear god, what about his body language? Does anybody here know anything about his body language?

I snickered. I suspect I was not alone. Thusly, I would conclude it was funny. The end.

Last edited:
Re: Cassel to say to Pollard "Thank You For The Opportunity"

Well yes obviously it was a joke, but it's uncalled for and unprofessional.

Thanks for taking out the best QB in the league during his prime which gave me the chance to play, hur hur.
CLASSLESS! :banned:

IIs it me and is this disrespect to Brady for Matt to THANK Pollard for the opportunity meaning thanks Pollard for taking Brady out - OR Am I reading into this wrong and a little differently than it was meant to be??

Now that I think of it, those two seemed awfully chummy.

Why, I'll bet that's not the first time they've met.

In fact, I'd go so far to say that it's clear that Pollard and Cassel concocted this whole plan together right from the start. They schemed this long ago, where Pollard would take out Brady giving Cassel a shot, and then getting traded to the Chiefs where they could play together, with Cassel giving Pollard a major kickback from his eventual signing bonus.

Where's the outrage people????? Roger Goodell and Senator Specter should be investigating this RIGHT NOW!!!!! :enranged:

**** Cassel, I hate the Chiefs and he will suck in KC.

BRADY 4 LIFE

I read this in Reiss's blog and other sites as to what Cassel said in his news conference -

Is it me and is this disrespect to Brady for Matt to THANK Pollard for the opportunity meaning thanks Pollard for taking Brady out - OR Am I reading into this wrong and a little differently than it was meant to be??

Thanking ANYONE including a new teammate for giving him a chance to play because he took out the franchise player is a bit shocking,unless once again I am seeing it differently than it looks.

Cassel's response is a few questions into the conference in the link provided when talking about Pollard

Could this be the 'evil' and envious side of Matt we have not seen now that he is a rich man?

Cassel nuggets from KC - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

What are you talking about? :confused:

No class by Cassel. Dissapointing to say the least.

Relax everybody. He's joking around with people. We would all say the same thing if by some bizaare turn of events you somehow land on the team that gave you the opportunity.

Cassell is, on some levels, a super-charismatic guy. But he doesn't strike me as the sort who can deliver humor very well.

I base this largely on two or three sentences of actual face to face conversation with him.

I also base it in part on him not coming particularly well in the huge war of pranks with Brady a while back ...

Cassell is, on some levels, a super-charismatic guy. But he doesn't strike me as the sort who can deliver humor very well.

I base this largely on two or three sentences of actual face to face conversation with him.

I also base it in part on him not coming particularly well in the huge war of pranks with Brady a while back ...

Belichick and Brady have the same problem. It's rooted in a determination to be guarded with the mediots who bait them. That's why he was such a great fit here. Playing for a fanbase that parses text in search of hidden insults and doesn't grasp context or humor well.

I'm reminded of the time Brady tried to explain that God doesn't loose sleep over football. Went over here like a ton of :bricks:

I am 95% sure that this was a joke, he was put on the spot and came up with something very diplomatic considering he didn't have time to think of a good answer.

Belichick and Brady have the same problem. It's rooted in a determination to be guarded with the mediots who bait them. That's why he was such a great fit here. Playing for a fanbase that parses text in search of hidden insults and doesn't grasp context or humor well.

I'm reminded of the time Brady tried to explain that God doesn't loose sleep over football. Went over here like a ton of :bricks:

Great analogy:rocker:

If anyone's unhappy with BB's approach to the media and how he instills that same approach into his team, just look back at how any and all comments are taken out of context, blown out of proportion, turned into Hate Headlines, and actually judged by not only the mediots but also by our very own fans.

Out Of Control. :mad:

Honestly, what the heck else do you expect him to say? "Tom asked me to deck him"? :confused:

I didn't really want to click because it said topless Brady and TMZ (if it was topless Giselle, that would have been another story), but I did anyway. The good news is it looks like Brady has put on some weight.

Working out with leinart too. Do we really want our franchise hanging around that guy.

I'm sorry. What Cassel did was completely tasteless and tactless.

It'd be a like a fan saying something like "Mo Lewis Rocks" in giving thanks for Brady.

;)

Last edited:
I didn't really want to click because it said topless Brady and TMZ (if it was topless Giselle, that would have been another story), but I did anyway. The good news is it looks like Brady has put on some weight.

I'll click a "Topless Tommy" pic anyday:singing: He looks fabulous,definitely getting back some of his pre-injury weight and bulk. Good news for sure:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back