PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel to say to Pollard: "Thank you for the opportunity"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cassel to say to Pollard "Thank You For The Opportunity"

Does not say it was a joke nor was he laughing or the press either - We can only hope he was joking but even a joke like that would be tasteless since it actually took the best player in the game out for a whole season,thats nothing to laugh or joke about if you ask me.

I hope someone askes him if those comments were in fun,regardless its a dumb comment

when i read the comments yesterday on reiss's blog there was the word "sarcasm" in brackets but now its gone.

Oh girls behave. Not everyone is trying to belittle the precious little Patriots.

Ha! Amen. A . . . f-ing . . . men.

We really do sound like little girls around here sometimes. It's so strange on a football board too. "Ooh ooh, that mean reporter hurt my feelings."

What Cassel said was mildly tacky.

I found it humorous when I read it. It was a joke, I don't think it is worth getting worked up over. As mentioned above, they are friends and it was quick wit - I am sure he never wished any ill will on Brady.

How quickly the masses can turn....

Last edited:
It was clearly a joke, Cassel meant no harm.

If anyone was at fault, it was the reporter for asking that question. It's not like Cassel can say "no, I don't plan on speaking to Pollard."

At the very least, this calls for JSN to remove him from his sig.

TIA- :D

Of course it was. You could tell he was just winging the answer based on the lines before that. I can't believe people are taking it seriously.

Really? You can't? Have you ever read this forum before? ;)

Matt and Tom supposedly rib/prank each other all the time. If Cassel didn't get mad over Brady having Matt's car tires removed during a practice I don't think Brady will get mad over this. And neither should anyone else.

As has been said, Brady and Cassel have a great relationship, which probably includes any level of sick humor without either getting offended.

Does not say it was a joke nor was he laughing or the press either - We can only hope he was joking but even a joke like that would be tasteless since it actually took the best player in the game out for a whole season,thats nothing to laugh or joke about if you ask me.

I hope someone askes him if those comments were in fun,regardless its a dumb comment

Most people can detect humor, I don't think a forensic examination will be necessary.

Ha! It took 4 days into his tenure as a Chief, but let the Cassel hating begin!

This seems like a whole lotta nothing. Try answering 400 questions in a row and see if one of your answers sounds a little more rude than funny. Sheesh.

No wonder why BB is sick and tired of the press all of the time.

Cassel is a system QB he is set up to fail!!

I'm always joking with my friends that I'm glad when they break their legs. Then again, i dont have very many friends. :rolleyes:

Lots of people here need to get a sense of humor! MC was kidding about it. Jeez

don't count your chickens!!

Brady himself is well known for his humor, his dry wit and sarcasm. Now Cassel does the same and we're all up at arms? When did we start acting like Steeler fans?

I think it's great that an athlete can have some fun and joke around rather than simply regurgitate a bunch of worn out cliches. Collectively we as sports fans moan and groan that sports figures say nothing in an interview, and then when they do, we skewer them.

Unbelieveably stupid thread.

Seriously.

As bad as it sounds now, wait until Sportscenter "Live" (yeah, right) tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be shocked if it was on the crawl right now. They are going to roll out all kinds of BS to go along with this.

Cassel and Brady are friends. So I doubt he meant anything by it. It was an illadvised joke, but I bet Brady would have laughed at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back