PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel the NFL's best kept secret, unitl now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
After that game with the jets, and if Cassel continues to turn heads in the NFL, do you think a lot of people will ponder how a player of this caliber has been out of the radar for so long?

Nope. He has been under the radar because nobody knew how could he good be because he hasn't started a game since high school.

....and practice squad forum, here we come....

I still say Cassel doesn't become the Cassel we are talking about today on any team besides the Pats. Really, I don't know why his play is so surprising. A highly touted college recruit that got stuck behind a couple of Heisman winners. Drafted by a team with the quarterback of the decade already starting. Learning from the best for 4 years, already intimately familiar with the offense. Finally thrust into the starting limelight surrounded by 5 all-pros on offense. Brought along by the best coaching staff in the league. He might very well have become very successful had he been drafted by another team, but no way does he go from "He should be cut" to "Maybe he should be franchised" (neither of which were/are my sentiments) in 9 weeks anywhere but in New England.

Last edited:
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I heard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes