Cassel on Tom and playing in NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not much insight, but:

You can play. That is obvious. Is it your desire to find a place where you'll be able to play if Tom Brady is healthy and back and able to play for New England next season?

MC: As a competitor, as a guy that wants to play, of course, it would be great to go out and play. If it's somewhere else that could be an option. But right now that's so far off in the distant future that I'm just going to relax and enjoy the offseason and keep working hard.

Sounds like something TFB would say. Does Belichick mass hypnotise these guys or what?

He also said this:

"This is Tom's team. The Patriots have been Tom's team. He's built that franchise up with his own two hands. He's the guy, and he was the MVP the year before. I realize that. He's been such a mentor for me that I would say 'No, there is no quarterback competition.' But I've learned so many things from Tom, and hopefully it'll help me in my career."

Matt's so full of it, and good for him. :)

I doubt a day has gone by where he hasn't spend hours breaking down which team(s) he'd like to play for next season since he won't be in New England. He and his agent must have had multiple pow-wow sessions on this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes