Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This is pretty funny stuff. I'd pay money to hear what BB said to these guys when he told them to knock it off.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20061010_10patsjo.245cf15b.html

Yesterday, Cassel gave his side of the story.
"It all started with the shake, he spilled my shake all over the quarterback room, and then I was drinking my shake and he threw a towel worth of shake in my face. [Which Brady said he did.] He admitted to that? Then I spit my shake out (at Brady), then he dumped his shake on me, then I grabbed a trash can and dumped it all over his car and then I got a shake and put it all over his new shoes and his clothing, and then the next day my car was on blocks," he said.

Nice job by Shalise Young.

Would anyone like to speculate what would have happened had Tom Brady done that kind of stuff to Drew Bledsoe?

Drew might have gone out and gotten sacked 5 times and then thrown 3 interceptions. Paul

Mike the Brit said:
Nice job by Shalise Young.

Would anyone like to speculate what would have happened had Tom Brady done that kind of stuff to Drew Bledsoe?

I don't think they liked each other enough to go that far.

Tunescribe said:
I'd pay money to hear what BB said to these guys when he told them to knock it off.
From Mike Reiss, Boston Globe:
"Belichick on the practical jokes played between Brady and Matt Cassel: ``How could you miss it? Tires piled up in the locker room, the car was up on cinder blocks. It was an interesting week. It was nuclear war there." . . ."

Last edited:
My favourite part of the prank war was a comment by Tom, i dont really remember the exact phrase but it went something like, Cassel needs to learn to not mess with someone who makes more money than him.

more from Eric McHugh, Patriot Ledger:

Seems Cassel strolled into the weight room with a chocolate milkshake, which soon wound up all over him when Brady kicked a door into Cassel. Unfortunately for Brady, Cassel had some of the drink his mouth, and he proceeded to spray it all over Brady.

‘‘So we had this shake all over us,’’ Brady said. ‘‘I smelled terrible. I said that I don’t get mad, I get even. So, the next day I had one of my friends remove all the tires from (Cassel’s) car and leave them right at his locker as he walked in off the practice field. It was pretty good. He had to walk home that day.’’

Brady said his friend put Cassel’s car up on cinderblocks in the parking lot, while Brady stacked three of the tires in front of Cassel’s locker. He made him search for the fourth one. ‘‘He was getting undressed after practice undoing the tape on his ankles, sitting on the tires. It was pretty funny.’’

Brady said left tackle Matt Light got into the act by filling Brady’s entire car with Styrofoam peanuts and blaming it on Cassel. Brady isn’t buying it. ‘‘I know Cassel is way too scared to do anything,’’ Brady said. ‘‘Matt Light is claiming that he didn’t do anything, but I’ve got confirmation from several different sources.

‘‘I’m still waiting to get him back, but Belichick kind of called a moratorium on pranks at this point.’’

Brady said the shenanigans ‘‘keeps the team loose.’’

What is interesting to me is this:

He had to walk home that day

Brady doesn't just give in, he made him walk home with his car still there!

Aha...so probably that "body language" problem was just a wedgie, eh?

mtbykr said:
What is interesting to me is this:

Brady doesn't just give in, he made him walk home with his car still there!

I think this kid lives in Boston. I am sure this is just Brady's way of making it more of a joke to say he walked home.

Brady is an SOB!

bishbash said:
From Mike Reiss, Boston Globe:
"Belichick on the practical jokes played between Brady and Matt Cassel: ``How could you miss it? Tires piled up in the locker room, the car was up on cinder blocks. It was an interesting week. It was nuclear war there." . . ."

Bill talked about it on his WEEI segment yesterday and it was pretty clear he was getting a hoot out of it.

Colvin was on Sports Final Sunday night and he said the rumor was a prank was in developmental stages to remove the hood and doors from Chad Jackson's car before BB imposed the truce. That sounds hopeful for the rookie WR perhaps beginning to really fit in. Don't think they'd punk anyone they didn't like.

If I ever worry about Brady at all it's that the seriousness with with he approaches the game and leading the team and the level at which we expect him to play irrespective of all manner of obstacles will wear on him. Nice to see the kid is still alive in him and them.

I love all these prank stories. I am sorry there is a moratorium on them.

Hopefully, it doesn't last all season!;)

Bella*chick said:
I love all these prank stories. I am sorry there is a moratorium on them.

Hopefully, it doesn't last all season!;)

They need to start doing things to members of visiting teams when they come to Foxboro. Like, put itching powder in Peyton Manning's jockstrap, or a Papa Gino's pizza in Vinatieri's helmet.

Tunescribe said:
They need to start doing things to members of visiting teams when they come to Foxboro. Like, put itching powder in Peyton Manning's jockstrap, or a Papa Gino's pizza in Vinatieri's helmet.

If they could do that without getting caught and were willing to keep their big mouths shut about it afterward when Steve Burton is doggedly on the trail of a blockbuster story, I guarantee you BB would temporarily suspend all moritoriums.

:D

desi-patsfan said:
My favourite part of the prank war was a comment by Tom, i dont really remember the exact phrase but it went something like, Cassel needs to learn to not mess with someone who makes more money than him.
I love the fact that he can brag about his money and bigfoot Cassell, make it clear he treats Cassell like an equal, and talk about the maintenance guys or whoever that he paid off as his "friends", all in the same breath -- and sound genuine all the way through. That's real charisma and leadership.

patchick said:
Aha...so probably that "body language" problem was just a wedgie, eh?

While the Wedgie did not come to mind the "body Language" thing did, maybe he was just thinking about his next move...

Mabey BB is just putting a hold on everything until he pranks someone good!:D

mtbykr said:
Mabey BB is just putting a hold on everything until he pranks someone good!:D

Yeah, BB has it all figured out. He's gonna prank someone immediately after the team loses. Then he's going to work them twice as hard for not only losing, but not listening to his moritorium. Then he's gonna punk everyone when he tells them that he's the one that actually pulled the original prank.

All this playing grabass and clowning is really pissing me off. How the hell can they goof off like this when they're 4 and 1 and the offense is broken??? I mean, haven't they been reading NEMs missives? :mad:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I mean, haven't they been reading NEMs missives? :mad:
Those weren't part of a prank? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back