PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, now that the NFL has formally given Cassel an award, those of us who stand by coach BB's assessment of that Matt Cassel gives the Patriots the best chance to win are not merely homers, but must be relativities of Matt.

Wow, the haters are nothing if not persistent.
Sarcasm meters $1.98. I'm much happier for a guy the Pats drafted and have stuck with having an excellent game, than for some journeyman they may have brought in. OTOH, a nice win would make me appreciate that guy too.

Re: Matt Cassel - AFC Offensive Player of the Week

What does that have to do with getting recognized for good play in week 6?

How do you define 'good play'? Bronco's D was not that good.

He's referring to the award Cassel was given. I think this is a bit of a problem in this thread, some of you are arguing that he deserved the award for this week and some of you are simply arguing that we need another quarterback in general.

Did anyone ask that last year when Brady got this award?

Brady had proven record while Cassel does not. Pats ran up the score last year. 07 is better than 08.

I don't mind seeing Cassel have this award if it builds up his confident and helps him play better. If you are going to tell me that Cassel is the man because of one blown out game, you are crazy.

Last edited:

Brady had proven record while Cassel does not. Pats ran up the score last year. 07 is better than 08.

I don't mind seeing Cassel have this award if it builds up his confident and helps him play better. If you are going to tell me that Cassel is the man because of one blown out game, you are crazy.

I am saying he is the offensive player of the week. Maybe he won't be the offensive player of week 8, maybe he will.

But the question that was asked was as dumb as one post i saw last year, asking if the Pats should lose a game on purpose, cause going 16-0 and then not winning the sb would be embarrassing and purposefully losing a game during the regular season to avoid that risk and would be a smart idea. Now it turns out that poster was in fact correct, but still an idiot.

You just revealed yourself, troll. Please jump in front of the next moving bus you see.

I'm a troll because I criticize Cassel? I won't be called a troll if I declare Cassel is a good QB? Come on now.

I'm a troll because I criticize Cassel? I won't be called a troll if I declare Cassel is a good QB? Come on now.

You're a Troll because you're OBSESSED with criticizing Cassel and do not offer sufficient football based arguements to make your case.

During summer camp after watching practises and exibition games I stated here that Cassel was NOT a #2 QB, although I strongly stated that BB thought he was and would keep Cassel and CUT Gutz. I've criticized him and offered specifics. I've also enumerated what he's done well. He's exceeding my August 2008 expectations and I am very thankfull to be WRONG.

Last edited:
Good for Cassel, he played well and within himself.
It's good to hear him get some recognition. I hope his confidence continues to rise

You're a Troll because you're OBSESSED with criticizing Cassel and do not offer sufficient football based arguements to make your case.

During summer camp after watching practises and exibition games I stated here that Cassel was NOT a #2 QB, although I strongly stated that BB thought he was and would keep Cassel and CUT Gutz. I've criticized him and offered specifics. I've also enumerated what he's done well. He's exceeding my August 2008 expectations and I am very thankfull to be WRONG.

Ding ding ding......PWP you have nailed it as usual. We don't always agree, but I have always respected you. Of course we can have differing views on how good a player is, should he be cut, should the #3 be the #2, should the #2 be cut and the #4 given a chance to be the #2 and on and on.

In the end, after all is said and done, the true fan wants the player to succeed no matter what they thought. The troll is obsessed with thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong, no matter what facts they are presented with.

Fact is, Casell played a hell of a game Monday night and has given us hope for the season. He may regress, he may stay where he is or he may continue to improve and evolve in front of our eyes. Patriot fans hope for the latter and that is what this season is all about. It's different, it's the NFL without Brady and is very much like what all teams go through week in and week out. Now, we don't know what team will show up, what the QB will do, whether we will win or lose. I love the game, love the team and am going with it win or lose.

Enjoy the year for what it is and maybe, just maybe, this year can be special as well. To be 4-2 is amazing in and of itself now isn't it?

Last edited:

Ding ding ding......PWP you have nailed it as usual. We don't always agree, but I have always respected you. Of course we can have differing views on how good a player is, should he be cut, should the #3 be the #2, should the #2 be cut and the #4 given a chance to be the #2 and on and on.

In the end, after all is said and done, the true fan wants the player to succeed no matter what they thought. The troll is obsessed with thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong, no matter what facts they are presented with. Enjoy the year for what it is and maybe, just maybe, this year can be special as well. To be 4-2 is amazing in and of itself now isn't it?

Thank you, much appreciated. None of us should insist that others must agree with our strongly stated positions, just that those opinions and objections be substantiated with some attempt at justification, or else simply qualified as "that's just how I feel about it".

You are not thinking right. Cassel is our current QB. Yes? He is the center of our conversation. If i'm not obsessed about criticizing him, who else? TB or our rookie QB?

You apparently think that i should not criticize him.Why should I not when I see 17,19,13,30, and 10 before 41? You can't possibly tell me how happy you are with these up and down numbers.

What kind of a troll am I when I offer 100 dollars if Cassel performs well in the next 3 weeks?
Don't call me this or that because I disagree with what you are saying.You are unrealistic and unreasonable.

Last edited:

You just revealed yourself, troll. Please jump in front of the next moving bus you see.

I've had that "person" on ignore for a while now. Do the same, bg3.

I insist you agree that trolls are annoying.

I insist you agree that trolls are annoying.

Most are....unfortunately this is a site that people post on what they think....

Some people just don't think....

You're just not that smart.

Not to mention you argue in circular logic. Which, is really not going work out for you in the real world.

How do you define 'good play'? By a player getting the AFC Offensive Player of the week.

You are not thinking right. Cassel is our current QB. Yes? He is the center of our conversation. If i'm not obsessed about criticizing him, who else? TB or our rookie QB?

PWP: Not just THIS thread but everywhere. You're OBSESSED.

You apparently think that i should not criticize him.Why should I not when I see 17,19,13,30, and 10 before 41? You can't possibly tell me how happy you are with these up and down numbers.

PWP: Where did I say you or anyone 'should not criticize him'? I have criticized him. Learn to read posts.

I could not care less about 'these up and down numbers'. Do you remember past years when Brady lead us to wins scoring even less? No, you do not. You're fixated on 2007 and Fantasy Football.

What kind of a troll am I when I offer 100 dollars if Cassel performs well in the next 3 weeks?
Don't call me this or that because I disagree with what you are saying.You are unrealistic and unreasonable.

Your $100 is an attempt at grandstanding and a transparent attempt to set Cassel up for what you incorrectly will deem as failure. Your audience is not as stupid as you presume.

I am realistic and most often reasonable as well as good looking, atheletic and wicked smaht. I was even wealthy 10 months ago.

Last edited:
heh...I got THAT beat...I was wealthy two WEEKS ago

Why? Are you saying he did not deserve it?
Yes, I'm saying that. It's not like I'm denigrating Cassel and I don't care about the weekly awards anyways but there was no way he was the best offensive player in the AFC this week.

Who was then?

I thought Sammy Morris should be the one winning that, Matt Cassel didn't suck, but he wasn't great either.
138 yds rushing in 1 half deserve to be honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back