PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome...the development continues!

Re: Matt Cassel - AFC Offensive Player of the Week

I would give him player of the week honors just for surviving that horrid line of guys protecting him last week - 22 hard sacks in 6 games and he is still not on IR,Amazing much more than his actual play.

Unbelievable. I generously graded Cassel a "B"; he was averaging a "B-" on the Globe's website.

He was fortunate to avoid a turnover on a terrible pass (totally out of reach that 2(!) defenders had legitimate chances to intercept) to Faulk, was sacked 6 times (half at least which were his fault) and didn't throw a pass that was in the air more than 10 yards downfield. But the NFL in all of its wisdom believes that this adequate performance is worthy of being called the very best offensive player of the week. :rolleyes:

I would give him player of the week honors just for surviving that horrid line of guys protecting him last week - 22 hard sacks in 6 games and he is still not on IR,Amazing much more than his actual play.

The line is not doing him any favors - certainly the middle - but he HOLDS ON TO THE BALL TOO LONG....and he has difficulty making second read - forget checking off to a third one.....oh, and understanding defenses and calling out a blitzer? Are you nuts?

I suggsted two weeks ago that McDaniels have him roll out a bit on pass plays. I was called crazy. Seemed to work Monday nite. It plays to his, and his lines, strengths.

I consider this as outside verification that my grade of an "A" was correct. You don't give the valedictorian a "C-"

I always liked that kid.:D

With this special award, I hope it'll motivate Cassel throw more TDs.

Unbelievable. I generously graded Cassel a "B"; he was averaging a "B-" on the Globe's website.

He was fortunate to avoid a turnover on a terrible pass (totally out of reach that 2(!) defenders had legitimate chances to intercept) to Faulk, was sacked 6 times (half at least which were his fault) and didn't throw a pass that was in the air more than 10 yards downfield. But the NFL in all of its wisdom believes that this adequate performance is worthy of being called the very best offensive player of the week. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure he had several completions longer than ten yards (and I do mean that he threw it in the air more than 10 (not a screen)).

The only complaint I would have with this award is didn't Morris deserve it more?

I think this could wind up being a huge confidence builder for Cassel.

This is awesome. I'm really pulling for the guy.

Is this some kind of a joke?

I 'dunno know what you folks are watching, but Matty is lucky he's surrounded by good talent. If we are lucky, by season's end he'll be able to check off, make a second or - holy cow - a third read, release the ball quicker, have better pocket presence, move smart....and this is if he actually survives the season. He reminds me of a dumber David Carr. See all those sacks Carr took? Took his a "career" too. He really isn't improving all that much people. The people around him have elevated their games....or so it seemed this past game.

Only a joke if your an entrenched and myopic hater who more often than not can't see the forrest for the trees...

Here’s the release, just issued by the league:Quarterback Matt Cassel of the New England Patriots, linebacker Terrell Suggs of the Baltimore Ravens and kicker Sebastian Janinkowski of the Oakland Raiders are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the seventh week of the 2008 season (October 19-20), the [...]

More...

maybe they factored in the Oline giving up a whopping 6 sacks

Congrats Cassel you played a great game. Keep building on these performances and you should be able to get a few more of these.

:youtheman::eat1::eat3:

Congrats to the Pats for a huge win on Monday night, showing the Broncos up as the paper tigers they truly are. Great win for the Pats. I was watching with interest since I had picked Denver to be the one team to win in New England this year. Clearly, I was drinking grain alcholol the day I made that statement. Good win.

Sorry for the loss of Harrison. Hate the guy (cause he isn't on my team) but hate to see the guy carted off the field even more. Don't want careers to end that way.

Now go beat the Rams so the experts will shut the hellll up about the Rams making a playoff run. Seriously. That's old already. Rams are who we think they are. A team with a great running back, a good reciever, no defense, no QB worth a dang and an o-line made up of lego parts. Move along Rams.

I really think Sammy Morris got dogged in that game with the voting

If they are going to give OPOTW to a Patriot, the player who deserved it more than anyone on the Patriots is Morris with 138 yards in one 1/2 of play.

If there is a RB who has done better this season in the first 2 quarters I want to see it.

i feel morris deserved it more, but congrats to matt, hope he continues to grow, and leads us to tampa

Congrats to Cassel, it's nice to see him rewarded for playing well. But...umm...Chris Johnson, 18 rushes, 168 yards? Hello?

I mean he only threw three touchdowns. There's nothing special there right?

:rolleyes:

and we also should be able to get high trade value for Brady when he returns...good news....

Pffft...offensive player of the week ONE time. Big deal. Kevin O'Connell would have won it every week we've had a game this year!!

Cassel SUCKS.

;)

Only a joke if your an entrenched and myopic hater who more often than not can't see the forrest for the trees...
In Garbargza's defense, he isn't the only one who will refuse to admit he was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down