PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matt Cassel - AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Dump that bum! Sign Garcia! START O'CONNELL!!!

MattCassel.jpg

Congrats to Cassel. Nice wallpaper.

cool something to add to the stats tracker

It will be funny the next time he doesn't play so great and everyone on the board is calling for him to be benched again.

I'm honestly very glad that he's getting some recognition for playing well, and hopefully it continues to boost his confidence for the final stretch.

I'm proud of him but that's still silly.

Hmm. I dunno if I feel like he deserves this. He's still making sloppy throws and got very lucky that horrible pass to Kevin Faulk was ruled an incomplete pass instead of an interception.

THAT SAID.

I think Cassell's three biggest weaknesses (slow decision-making, occasional inaccurate throws, and poor deep ball) are correctable and will improve as he gets comfortable. I expect by the end of the season he'll be a fairly constant 80-90 point QB and the team will make it into the playoffs.

300h.jpg

SAY WHAT?

Also I have to admit it is kind of exciting seeing the guy improve on the field every game.

I mean yeah, he got sacked 6 times, but there were a few plays where he actually STEPPED UP, where he would have just stood there before, pulled the ball down, and taken another ugly sack. But he did step up and deliver a strike with the pocket collapsing.

Like some have said, the talent is there and the brain can get there. He's learning a little bit of pocket presence. Once he learns how to make his reads faster, see the whole field, and understand blitz schemes better, he could be a very tough QB for teams to plan against.

10 characters

Last edited:
Here’s the release, just issued by the league:Quarterback Matt Cassel of the New England Patriots, linebacker Terrell Suggs of the Baltimore Ravens and kicker Sebastian Janinkowski of the Oakland Raiders are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the seventh week of the 2008 season (October 19-20), the [...]

More...

Freakin Hilarious!

Congrats to the Pats offense and to Matt Cassel! This is another instance (Givens, David Patten) when I'm happy to see a soon to depart Pats player have an opportunity to make million$. Let's hope that Cassel's continuing improvrmrnt this season makes himself The #1 Hot Property in the next off season!

Did anyone one else hear the sound of hundreds of Cassel bashers jumping out the window or was it just me.

Congrats Matt.

Is this some kind of a joke?

I 'dunno know what you folks are watching, but Matty is lucky he's surrounded by good talent. If we are lucky, by season's end he'll be able to check off, make a second or - holy cow - a third read, release the ball quicker, have better pocket presence, move smart....and this is if he actually survives the season. He reminds me of a dumber David Carr. See all those sacks Carr took? Took his a "career" too. He really isn't improving all that much people. The people around him have elevated their games....or so it seemed this past game.

Last edited:

But he didn't throw for 300 yards. How is this deserved?!

Oh a side note, congrats Matty. Now get ready to shred the Rams.

Last edited:

Matty is lucky he's surrounded by good talent.

How come it didn't help Brad Johnson?

Is this some kind of a joke?

I 'dunno know what you folks are watching, but Matty is lucky he's surrounded by good talent. If we are lucky, by season's end he'sll be able to check off, make a second or - holy cow - a third read, release the ball quicker, have a better pocket presence, move smart, um....and this is if he actually survives the season. Her reminds me of a dumber David Carr. See all those sacks Carr took? Took his a "career" too.

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back