PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel live interview this AM, local Florida radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he's making the rounds this week (I know a lot of players are, pre super bowl and all).

he's part of the Gatorade "G" marketing campaign and is making appearances and being visible for them.

Considering his current salary (2007-2008), the Gatorade gig is probably paying pretty well

he's part of the Gatorade "G" marketing campaign and is making appearances and being visible for them.

Considering his current salary (2007-2008), the Gatorade gig is probably paying pretty well
Good for him, garner some bucks, feed his family. :) I didn't hear the Gatorade thing mentioned in the Cowherd interview.

True. I was responding to E Belichick Unum's comment that "Assuming Matt is franchised, if the Jets want him all they have to do is sign him" which is incorrect because it implies the Pats would have no say so in where Cassel goes. If they apply the exclusive franchise tag, they can still trade him, and to whom they want.......

I didn't know about the two types of franchise tags. Does one carry a higher price tag than the other?

Still, do you really think Belichick would turn down two #1's from the Jets? I am not sure he would. Belichich loves his draft picks, and two picks in the middle of the first round would be very hard for him to turn down.

I didn't know about the two types of franchise tags. Does one carry a higher price tag than the other?

Generally, yes, although the difference may or may not be spacious: the non-exclusive tag # for 2009 is the average of the top 5 salaries for 2008, while the exclusive tag is the higher of the non-exclusive # and the average of the top 5 salaries for 2009.

Still, do you really think Belichick would turn down two #1's from the Jets? I am not sure he would. Belichich loves his draft picks, and two picks in the middle of the first round would be very hard for him to turn down.

He may not have a choice--if the JEST were to sign Cassel to an offer sheet, the Pats would either match or get draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes