PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel/Leinart midfield discussion (parody)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I don't think that DJ Gallo is as funny as he thinks he is, but this is amusing:

I now present the short play: "Matt Cassel and Matt Leinart Meet at Midfield."

(Scene: the center of the field following New England's 47-7 victory over Arizona)

Leinart: "Hey, Matt! Great game."

Cassel: "Oh sure, uh … hey … um, I'm sorry -- do I know you?"

Leinart: "Yeah, it's Matt Leinart. You know, from USC?"

Cassel: "Oh, right. Matt Leinart. I'm sorry. Good to see you. So, what are you doing here?"

Leinart: "Well, I play for the Cardinals."

Cassel: "You do? The Arizona Cardinals? Oh, wow. I had no idea."

Leinart: "Yeah, I'm the backup right now. But I have my eyes on the top job."

Cassel: "Good for you, Matt. Good for you. Way to stay motivated. Who knows, you get the No. 1 job there, maybe one day you can move on to a better organization."

Leinart: "Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. This is just sort of a stepping stone. So hey, I was wondering if you might want to come over to my place -- I'm throwing a party with some of our old college friends."

Cassel: "Oh, gee, I don't know, Matt. I'm kind of busy with my job. I don't really do that kind of thing anymore, and I haven't seen those people in years. I probably have a game the same day anyway."

Leinart: "It's on Friday."

Cassel: "Yep. I've got a game."

Leinart: "On a Friday? Really? I thought that …"

Cassel (interrupting): "OK, old buddy. I've got to get going -- a whole bunch of media people want to talk to me. Probably some endorsement people, too. But great to see you, Matt, and maybe we can get together sometime."

Leinart: "Sure, that would be awesome! Can I get your cell phone number?"

(Cassel walks off, pretending not to hear him.)

End scene.

ESPN Page 2 - Gallo: NFL Hangover, Week 16

I kept on reading his article and got a great laugh out of this:

8. In case you didn't see this past weekend's implosion of the RCA Dome, here it is. Notice that it gets much quieter at the 20-second mark. That is likely right after the stadium's explosion noise speakers exploded.

I kept on reading his article and got a great laugh out of this:

8. In case you didn't see this past weekend's implosion of the RCA Dome, here it is. Notice that it gets much quieter at the 20-second mark. That is likely right after the stadium's explosion noise speakers exploded.

yeah, I loved that line. It's amazing how much quiter their new stadium is. I know they say its all due to the architecture, and obviously they used the best sound muffling technology possible(/sarcasm) but man, it sure is quite now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back