PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel has Moss to thank for his good fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unfair how so many commenters today and yesterday are saying Cassel is overrated, how it's a bad deal for the Chiefs, etc etc.

Do people not realize the kind of money that was thrown around to rookie QB's like Stafford and Sanchez???? These guys are way bigger question marks who cost high first rounders and also more money. At least Cassel has produced in his first ever year as a starter, especially in the second half of the season.
Schaub got the same basic money 4 years ago. Who complained then that he only had 4 starts the way people are whining that Cassel only had one year. Plus Schaub was 1-3.

Can you imagine Whitlock's article if Cassel started only 4 games and was 1-3?

Cassel is 10-5 as a starter with Moss and Welker. Leinart was 5-10 as a starter with FItzgerald and Bolden. If you can't read defenses, it doesn't matter how many talented WRs you have.

And Oakland? I like Moss, but I'm not blind and stupid. A good QB can win with mediocre or even bad WRs a lot easier than a WR can win with a emediocre or bad QB.

Cunningham was out of football after the 1995 season and did not get his last great run until the 1998 after signing with the Vikings in 1997.

Brady never had more than 28 TDs before Randy arrived and it jumps up to 50 in ONE season. Do you honestly think that Brady even comes close to 50 without Moss? Welker only had 8 TDs in 1997.

And in 2004, Culpepper had 18 TDs in the first 5 games before Randy got hurt.
In the last 11 games, 21 TDs. Good but not god awesome before Randy got hurt.

And to throw 33 TDs in his first season as a starter is an accomplishment and a significant amount of that had to do with Randy Moss' 15 TDs in 2000.

Moss has been on 2 of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history.

The evidence is there, you are just too blind as a Moss hater to recognize it, Deus.

It is not 100% Randy, but I can unquestionably say that without Randy, Culpepper wouldn't have had the success he had from 2000-2004. Brady would not have come close to 50TDs, or even 40 TDs without Randy. Cunningham never would have experienced his comeback after being out of football in 1996.

Schaub got the same basic money 4 years ago. Who complained then that he only had 4 starts the way people are whining that Cassel only had one year. Plus Schaub was 1-3.

Can you imagine Whitlock's article if Cassel started only 4 games and was 1-3?

Cassel is 10-5 as a starter with Moss and Welker. Leinart was 5-10 as a starter with FItzgerald and Bolden. If you can't read defenses, it doesn't matter how many talented WRs you have.

Great post, can't agree with it more.

Leinart was garbage with the same offense/personnel that Kurt Warner thrived in.

If you can't read defenses, it doesn't matter how many talented WRs you have.

Post of the day. And I hope Matty Man kicks a* this year for two reasons: first of all in appreciation for what he did for us last year, besides how well he dealt with all the negative he was getting from every corner, it seemed. That shows great poise and solid character IMHO.
The second reason is I want to see him shut dimwit bloggers like this guy up. I never once had the impression Matt was "riding randy's coattails" or whatever it was he said :rolleyes:. Without a doubt any QB drools at the thoughts of Moss as his WR but Randy and Matt didn't always connect, in fact they both seemed frustrated with eachother at times.

From either the sidelines or from the field itself, Matt's seen just about every defensive scheme out there and he's been in on every play, one way or the other. He can read a field, he can take a hit, and he can scramble when he has to.

I hope we get to read this guy's blog later on;)

Last edited:
What is wrong with that idiot GM in Kansas City.

He really should have watched more game film of Cassel - otherwise he'd know that he just handed $60 million to a guy who only looks good on the surface because he played with Moss.

I mean he should REALLY do a little more homework in the future.

I can't agree with you more on this! Stupid GM of KC. We are SO glad that we got rid of him for taking such dumb decisions. :D

Spacecrime - excellent points!!

btw, was this reporter the same who opined the season before last that someone ought to go for Brady's leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes