PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel has already pulled off a win in front of a hostile crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Us. He went out there fully aware, along with his team-mates that more than half us were screaming for him to be cut. Knowing that, he went out and MADE PLAYS, and won the game. No Fumbled handoffs, no INTs and even a gamebreaking drive from one end of the field to the other.

The venom many of us spewed at him, which there is NO WAY he doesn't know about, will make the Jets booing and whatever seem like a walk in the park.

Cassel is the unknown to us and that is what scares us, like just about everything in life.

Remember: we KNEW the Pat's were gioing to win the SB easy.

I think he'll do fine and I'm glad to see our tone around here is changing, but let's not be flakes. We know why we are concerned, but so far he's not let us down. 2-0 baby!

Last edited:
A hostile crowd?? What game were you watching??

It was hostile it one way, in preseason he was booed off the field a couple of times and one quick INT would have yielded the same result. Cassel has passed his first test - this Sunday will be a big #2.

I'm talking about everyone on the planet watching the game and expecting the game-ending interception. Don't tell me you think there was none of that.

What I mean is that if he could pull off a win with no real expectation to hit the field and knowing all the sh!t the fan have slung at him lately, that's more pressure than that big dish of ******s can put on him on Sunday.

Last edited:
I think you have a very different definition of a hostile crowd.

Us. He went out there fully aware, along with his team-mates that more than half us were screaming for him to be cut. Knowing that, he went out and MADE PLAYS, and won the game. No Fumbled handoffs, no INTs and even a gamebreaking drive from one end of the field to the other.

The venom many of us spewed at him, which there is NO WAY he doesn't know about, will make the Jets booing and whatever seem like a walk in the park.

Cassel is the unknown to us and that is what scares us, like just about everything in life.

Remember: we KNEW the Pat's were gioing to win the SB easy.

I think he'll do fine and I'm glad to see our tone around here is changing, but let's not be flakes. We know why we are concerned, but so far he's not let us down. 2-0 baby!

I think Matt Cassel plays for the New England Patriots, so even if he makes us fans nervous, we're pulling for him 100% of the way. Why wouldn't we?

That seems like the antithesis of hostile to me.

He knew they'd turn on him like a pack of dogs if he made so much as a misstep. He knows they still will. He saw how they turned on him in pre season when their binkies screwed up all around him. Kinda like what happened in GB last night when they boo'd Aaron Rogers off the field in his first start because McCarthy opted for a FG and had it blocked when Brett likely would have been given a shot to throw a valient 3rd down pick instead...

Fans are by and large emotional misfits. We've boo'd Brady led offenses off the field at Gillette in the midst of championship or undefeated seasons...Players know this but dealing with it isn't easy. You've heard Welker openly discussing how the team is aware of all the calls for Cassel to be cut off the preseason...

The crowd stood and applauded him.. There was nothing hostile.

I was at the game and actually was sort of surprised by the big hand he got when he first took the field. It was encouraging. Keep in mind that preseason crowds are a lot different than the regular season ticket holders. A lot of them are kids who don't understand the purpose of preseason games.

Last edited:
He knew they'd turn on him like a pack of dogs if he made so much as a misstep. He knows they still will. He saw how they turned on him in pre season when their binkies screwed up all around him. Kinda like what happened in GB last night when they boo'd Aaron Rogers off the field in his first start because McCarthy opted for a FG and had it blocked when Brett likely would have been given a shot to throw a valient 3rd down pick instead...

Fans are by and large emotional misfits. We've boo'd Brady led offenses off the field at Gillette in the midst of championship or undefeated seasons...Players know this but dealing with it isn't easy. You've heard Welker openly discussing how the team is aware of all the calls for Cassel to be cut off the preseason...

Exactly. Amazingly, all of the people who get this seem to have moved on to another bandwagon.

Its going to be a lot more hostile in NY this weekend. Lets hope the man steps up. Hope he continues to be accurate on the middle to deep passes. If hes not we are in trouble

Well, I'm no psych major but sometimes desperately wanting to please a stadium full of people who are indeed pulling for you (or else!) results in catastrophe. It's a lot of pressure no matter how you slice it. Cassel performed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back