PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel gets a parting gift from the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, maybe they'll get lucky and die within the next year.

2009-02-23-reckless.png

Does anyone even know if Brady can actually play at full speed? Dumb move getting rid of Cassel

Does anyone even know if Brady can actually play at full speed? Dumb move getting rid of Cassel

QB Kevin O'Connell says "Hi, I'm already better than anyone throwing the ball for Buffalo." :D

Good point. They're in real trouble for tomorrow's game.

Just because you have a lot of experience seeing dumb moves, don't think that you can apply it to the Patriots.

lol

ps

not that I want to get in the middle of this thread......but didn't some guy on the first page say manning donates his penny ante bonus check to his foundation, then this whole squabble broke out about how he doesn't need it and the 300k guys do.

maybe his foundation provides assistance to those making under 500k.

Hey now...I might agree that trading Cassel was a dumb move. If my brain was made of pudding. And then I ate it. 'Cause pudding is yummy!

\
The average NFL career lasts 3-5 years with more than half of the participants left facing some form of permanent disability arising from some form or other of traumatic and often repetitive injury. .

More than half? References please.

My neighbor was a 335lb 6'5 guy who could run. He was dumb as bricks. He went to college (at BC) for free. Didn't get drafted, but ended up on a practice squad for a couple years. Never played an NFL down.

He paid for his house in cash, and doesn't have the $1500+ rent or mortgage payment that most of us have.. Being able to pay cash for the $400K home will save him roughly 500K in interest over a 30 year fixed.

Most of us will NEVER catch up with his earnings, even though hes making 30K a year as a teacher

I have a hard time having pity for him, based on the fact that I owe 75K+ on student loans, am paying $1500 a month in rent, and barely can afford to pay everything. So cry me a friggen river.

Last edited:
More than half? References please.

My neighbor was a 335lb 6'5 guy who could run. He was dumb as bricks. He went to college (at BC) for free. Didn't get drafted, but ended up on a practice squad for a couple years. Never played an NFL down.

He paid for his house in cash, and doesn't have the $1500+ rent or mortgage payment that most of us have.. Being able to pay cash for the $400K home will save him roughly 500K in interest over a 30 year fixed.

Most of us will NEVER catch up with his earnings, even though hes making 30K a year as a teacher

I have a hard time having pity for him, based on the fact that I owe 75K+ on student loans, am paying $1500 a month in rent, and barely can afford to pay everything. So cry me a friggen river.

lol.....
good to know.

I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but I met O'Connell, Gostkowski and Ellis Hobbs today at a local charity event. Gostkowsi was a really nice guy happy to chat a little bit and was really friendly. O'Connell reminded me of a kid who I could hang out with any day of the week (I'm 22) and he seemed really down to earth and like a nice guy.

I couldn't help but wonder if Ellis was being punished and forced to go to the event for somer reason (Kevin Faulk was there last year after getting caught with weed). He was a complete douche, but whatever... hopefully he covers somebody this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes