PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel and Brady, Physically the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Both their bodies are very similar, its only the throwing touch and mental part that might be different.

Who throws harder and farther Brady or Cassel?

I hope Cassel can make the throws brady make, or else, the patriots will not fully utilize the talent of moss and welker.

Brady made welker and moss so much better because his play complimented welker and moss well.

If cassel can do the same then this season whould be positive and the patriots should get into the playoffs.

Funny days ago we're talking about cutting Cassel and now we're talking about him being the next Brady.

No comparison.

It's whAt's in Brady's head that counts.

Brady was considered to have an average arm up until a couple of years ago...even then the knock on him was he couldn't throw the deep ball and did not possess the "cannon arm" most QB's need to survive in the NFL these days. They no longer say either.

I think Cassell might have a better arm than people think. It's just that we have seen so little of him to have a clear opinion. The 51 yarder to Moss yesterday was a thing of beauty...so there is hope. The TD pass to Moss wasn't exactly a floater as well...he fired it to him with some surprising zip on it.

I'm not sure how the kid is going to do but he showed so very positive things in a short period of time.....

I think Cassell might have a better arm than people think. It's just that we have seen so little of him to have a clear opinion. The 51 yarder to Moss yesterday was a thing of beauty...so there is hope. The TD pass to Moss wasn't exactly a floater as well...he fired it to him with some surprising zip on it.

And he put it in a spot where only Moss could catch it, was a very good pass.

Ali, Jordan, Gretzky, Brady

Do I need to elaborate any further?

Cassell can run.

Brady proved himself and became a star with Givens and Branch.

Cassel has welker and moss, so dont you think Cassel has a better chance of being successful than compared to brady in 2002?

Do you guys think teams will blitz Cassel more or just play zone on him?

Brady was notorius for picking the defense apart especially zone defense, if Cassel can do the same then I think cassel can be successful.

Cassel has welker and moss, so dont you think Cassel has a better chance of being successful than compared to brady in 2002?

Brady was notorius for picking the defense apart especially zone defense, if Cassel can do the same then I think cassel can be successful.

Dear fellow fans: Cassel is not even close to as good as Brady.....no, he cannot do what Brady does.

Even as we blog about this, Bill B. is in his office, RIGHT NOW, gameplanning for the Jets game.

He knows pretty damn well what Cassell brings to the table after having coached him for the last 4 years.

The Pats are going to give Cassell a game plan that he can work with and is suited for him.

He knows pretty well what Mangina will do to exploit the inexperienced QB we are sending out there Sunday.

I have no doubts that Cassell will be mentally prepared for this ONE game and that ALL Patriot players will let him know "we've got your back, bro".

you folks are nuts...cassel is not the 2nd coming of t. brady nor does he need to be. I expect him play within himself, make good decisions and learn as the season progresses. He simply needs to execute and do the job as a serviceable QB

If all players do their jobs as well, Patriots make the playoffs and who knows once in.

And that is what seperates Brady from the rest of the NFL.......

And oddly what also seperates Matt Cassel from the rest of the potential backup contenders...

He knows the system and has the mental capacity as well as requisite physical capacity to run it. He may not be Tom Brady, but he's closer than any of the freakin' mutts whose names the media and squeamish fans want to waste time discussing...

And oddly what also seperates Matt Cassel from the rest of the potential backup contenders...

He knows the system and has the mental capacity as well as requisite physical capacity to run it. He may not be Tom Brady, but he's closer than any of the freakin' mutts whose names the media and squeamish fans want to waste time discussing...

Can you believe that Matt Cassell has spent the last 8 YEARS as a backup?

Pete Carroll kept him around for 4 years at USC

Bill Belichick has kept him around for 4 years here.

I have no reason to believe otherwise, but I think there is something to this kid and he is going to prove why these 2 fairly good coaches waited for his day to come.

I

The big issue isn't how good a QB is in the absence of a pass rush. Rather, the issue is how quickly his abilities drop off as the rush intensifies.

When it comes to an unhurried quarterback skills contest, Cassell is innocent until proven guilty. When it comes to performing under the pressure of an intense rush, he's guilty until proven innocent.

He won't be Brady but there's no saying he can't be the 2001 Brady. Which was good enough.

The way Cassel played on Sunday showed he can lead and manage a win for this team, and he should only get better with more experience in an offense this stacked.

Last edited:
If you compare the WR corp, the running backs, and the TE position in 2002 compared to what the patriots have now, I think the now has more talent. Now with that being said, Cassel a QB who was in the same system just like Brady, will benefit in a positive way and be successful.

If other teams gameplan against Cassel, they might not have to worry about Moss or welker as much because they can always question wether or not Cassel can make certain accurate throws.

Brady however has proven that time and time again he is clutch and he can make those superstar QB throws, so other teams will gameplan specifically against moss and welker more and hope that brady does not connect on his throws.

With Cassel other teams have the luxury, of "well Cassel might not be able to make that throw, so we probally have more options playing against moss and welker", BUT if Cassel can prove this season that he can make some or most of the clutch throws like Brady, then other teams will have to gameplan against moss and welker the same as if Brady was back there throwing the ball.

That Cassel throw to moss for a huge gain while being pinned near their goaline was a pretty damn nice throw. If other teams know that Cassel can make plays and throws like that consistently, well then its not gonna be easy to gameplan against Cassel.

Last edited:
yeah but Brady has the buttchin and the supermodel girlfriend thing going.

Cassel looks like this guy From Ferris Bueller.

ruck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye