PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel 15/22 160 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
am i the only one who thinks Oconnell would have done better? I mean seriously!

Hm, but last time I checked, we're about to win the game :)

No

Seriously... get the hell over it. O'Connell operating with a much more restricted playbook and extremely limited knowledge of the system compared to Cassel would not have done good at all.

BTW in the 2nd Jets game last year Brady threw for 140 yards...

Not that much different than Brady vs. Colts

13/23 168 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Oh yea and Favre was 18/26 181 Yards 1 TD and 1 INT.

Expect more the same in the future. We go as far as the defense will lead us.

Yeah and Chad jackson would have caught that ball that Moss dropped and taken it to the house

Please Briz he was being controlled by the playbook not his own skill and talent

Just vote it as one star and the mods will take care of the rest.

Yeah, you are the only one....

Would you have taken 13/23 168 yds 0 TD 0 Int????
That's what Tom Brady put up in his first start vs Indy back in 2001......
Cassell led them to 5 scores, didn't throw a pick or turn the ball over, managed it well and most importantly got a W.......
It's a confidence booster and No I don't think O'Connell would have done as well. Cassell went to his second and sometimes third read and seemed comfortable out there. Look at some other rookie QBs (Matt Ryan today)who haven't had the benefit of 3 years in a system and they haven't been as successful compared to Cassell and Rodgers, so far.

Last edited:
Yeah and Chad jackson would have caught that ball that Moss dropped and taken it to the house

Please Briz he was being controlled by the playbook not his own skill and talent

Exactly right. The play calling was dramatically changed with Cassel leading the team and not Brady. You cant really get mad at all with Cassel for his performace. I thought he did a good job. He made no mistakes and thats all that matters. The playcalling was very simple and alot more runs. We're going to have to get used to this; winning games with our D. I just think we need to take a few shots down the field just to keep the opposing teams safeties from creeping too far up. Overall very satisfying win.

The kid outperforms the legend and you choose to drag fingernails across chalkboard.

I am sure with O'Connell starting we would be 3-0 right now.

I cannot wait to read you when we actually lose a game if your like this with a win.

NO picks - game managed - game won...STFU.

Cassel did exactly what he was asked to do and didn't turn the ball over. You can't ask for more from a guy who is playing in his second career NFL game.

I expect him to improve as the season goes on. I'll take the win every time, no matter how we get it.

Cassel 15/22 160 yards 0 TD 0 INT AND A W!!!

WORKS FOR ME!!

Is this post serious?

Let me guess, you're voting [mode edit :nono:]

Last edited by a moderator:

servicable numbers, favorable result..............I'm good with that. 21 reg. season wins in a row.

Next question?

Last edited:
just because we won doesnt mean we cant be critical of player performance.

we played the scrubby jets and again just like last week Cassel did not produce. He held on to the ball a few times too long and took some sacks, threw behind welker and underthrew Moss deep. He connected on the short dumpoff passes but how hard is that? Its a bad sign when you play two horrible bottom of the league garbage dwellers and produce what he has produced so far. What gunna happen when we play good teams? Is he gunna be able to all the sudden turn it on?

2:1 completion ratio with no interceptions.

Other than the Moss incompletion - which will surely be worked on this week - there's nothing to complain about.

we played the scrubby jets and again just like last week Cassel did not produce. He held on to the ball a few times too long and took some sacks, threw behind welker and underthrew Moss deep. He connected on the short dumpoff passes but how hard is that? Its a bad sign when you play two horrible bottom of the league garbage dwellers and produce what he has produced so far. What gunna happen when we play good teams? Is he gunna be able to all the sudden turn it on?

Wow..... just,

Wow

BRiZ... seriously. GET OFF OF IT!

He's not completely in sync with the receivers because he hasn't played a ton with them. This will take a little bit of time (as it would for ANY QB). It was a divisional game against a team that knows us very well and does have some young talent on defense. (Brady threw for 140 yards in game 2 against the Jets last year.... we won 20-10. Maybe Brady is terrible too?)

PATIENCE... and get the hell off it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye