PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casillas

Status
Not open for further replies.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Great on special teams today, BB found a nice player to add more value to the roster. I can't wait to read Tampa press saying BB fooled them again.

Also Ayers delivered a crucial sack on Manning. We did very well on this trade dead line with 2 good players on the cheap.

I agree i like both additions. However I would have liked to add another DL man. The pass rush is still only so-so. I think a DE would have been a nice add. I know they got Branch but he does not rush the passer. He certainly helped stop the run which is nice but I feel they could have added some help at DE too.

He made some nice plays for sure. When we play a lesser team wouldn't mind seeing him get some reps with the D, just to see what we have. Even if it's in semi garbage time.

Look at Edelman's punt return TD , Casillas was following him closely and had the awareness to make a stop when Edelman made that inside cut, otherwise they would colide.

I agree i like both additions. However I would have liked to add another DL man. The pass rush is still only so-so. I think a DE would have been a nice add. I know they got Branch but he does not rush the passer. He certainly helped stop the run which is nice but I feel they could have added some help at DE too.
Ayers is playing de

He was very active in the kicking game.

In regards to the dline, how was Easley today? Never really heard his name today in regards to getting after the qb.

Did Denver get called for O line holding ONCE???????????????????????

I was THERE....I SAW at least a dozen CLEAR O LINE HOLDS and easily a half dozen clip/push in the backs by Denver O linemen. NE DID pressure Manning but the refs let Denver do what they always get away with. It's sickening....and still DENVER GOT F STOMPED!...don't try to spin this from a seat on a recliner in your living room. Nink was constantly held and clipped all game or he would have had five sacks.

QB pressure is def a problem, but our defense should be much better when Chandler returns. He was the D MVP before the injury in my opinion.

Did Denver get called for O line holding ONCE???????????????????????

I was THERE....I SAW at least a dozen CLEAR O LINE HOLDS and easily a half dozen clip/push in the backs by Denver O linemen. NE DID pressure Manning but the refs let Denver do what they always get away with. It's sickening....and still DENVER GOT F STOMPED!...don't try to spin this from a seat on a recliner in your living room. Nink was constantly held and clipped all game or he would have had five sacks.

Think they called one. When Ninkovich practically had his pads ripped off him.

If you think pressure was a problem today then you weren't watching. Just because they weren't putting hits on him doesn't mean there wasn't pressure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye