PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Bills will win, end Pats streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Power

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Vic is on EEI right now saying the Bills will win, and how there is a large air of confidence around the Bills this week, and they feel like they've come up with a scheme that's capable of stopping the Patriots.

He/they also feel Thomas and Dwayne Wright can fill in nicely for Lynch and produce on the ground for them.

I don't get it... the Bills struggled to score 13 on Miami's weak defense, and yet, they're going to put up enough points to stop the points to beat the Pats with a hobbled Lynch ?

Even if their defense does come up with a new wrinkle... can they really hold the Pats down enough for that weak offense to put up enough points to win ?

I think not.

Re: Carucci : Bills will win, end Pats streak

FWIW, I listened to the interview, and Carucci says that Bills FANS think they'll win.

Carucci only said that he thought it would be a good game.

Beginning of the interview I could have swore he himself predicted a Bills win and talked about them ending the winning streak... guess I'll have to wait for it to show up online.

FWIW, I listened to the interview, and Carucci says that Bills FANS think they'll win.

Carucci only said that he thought it would be a good game.

Not that that changes the entire point of the pointless thread. :)

In another year this would be a very dangerous game. This Pats team

is on a Holy Crusade for the silver chalice.

In past years, or for other teams, this may have been a trap game. But I don't see the Bills even being able to keep it close.

Vic is on EEI right now saying the Bills will win, and how there is a large air of confidence around the Bills this week, and they feel like they've come up with a scheme that's capable of stopping the Patriots.

Isn't this the same garbage that was spewed before the Colt game? That they were extremely confident?

Every team thinks they've come up with a scheme that's capable of stopping the Patriots. Tisk, tisk.

Let's be clear about this - there is no "scheme" that can stop us. We can run, we can catch out of the backfield, we can throw deep, medium and short to WR, we can throw to TE - and we can do it with top talent at every one of those spots. And when no-one gets open, Moss can just out athletic you and beat you anyway. We can be beaten if we're outplayed, if we have a bad day, if the OL can't protect Brady. But there is no scheme that can beat us when you combine Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson, Maroney and Faulk with Brady.

He/they also feel Thomas and Dwayne Wright can fill in nicely for Lynch and produce on the ground for them.

I don't get it... the Bills struggled to score 13 on Miami's weak defense, and yet, they're going to put up enough points to stop the points to beat the Pats with a hobbled Lynch ?

Even if their defense does come up with a new wrinkle... can they really hold the Pats down enough for that weak offense to put up enough points to win ?

I think not.

This game is going to be our biggest challenge yet, no doubt about it...

Last week, somehow, someway, the Bills defense was able to come up with a confusing scheme that held the Dolphins juggernaut of an offense to just 10 points.

I'm still in awe of that performance, but one shouldn't forget the Bills offense that shocked the football world by scoring 13 - yes 13 POINTS - against none other than the Miami Dolphins Defense.

Clearly this is a team that just can't be stopped - they're like a runaway train and God pity the NFL franchise that gets in their way.

I will of course be taking the Bills to not just cover the point spread, but to win outright.

Sorry fellow PatsFans but one can't ignore what a dominant team Buffalo is, and I bow down to them in submission to their greatness.

Last edited:
bills fans and sports analysts seem to think that if they wish hard enough...the bills can win. you havent heard one of them say that the bills can do this better or that the bills can stop moss. its all ...imagination and very wishful thinking.

Last week, somehow, someway, the Bills defense was able to come up with a confusing scheme that held the Dolphins juggernaut of an offense to just 10 points.

I'm still in awe of that performance, but one shouldn't forget the Bills Defense that shocked the football world by scoring 13 - yes 13 POINTS - against none other than the Miami Dolphins Defense.

Clearly this is a team that just can't be stopped - they're like a runaway train and God pity the NFL franchise that gets in their way.

I will of course be taking the Bills to not just cover the point spread, but to win outright.

Sorry fellow PatsFans but one can't ignore what a dominant team Buffalo is, and I bow down to them in submission to their greatness.

:D

10 characters.

I know what scheme they're talking about...lots of help deep, blanket the middle of the field, and keep extra men stacked at the line. I think they could have good success with it, as long as the ref's don't realize they have 13 men on the field.

I'm still in awe of that performance, but one shouldn't forget the Bills Defense that shocked the football world by scoring 13 - yes 13 POINTS - against none other than the Miami Dolphins Defense.

Let's not forget the "Losmen" factor. If there is anyone more like Brady, then Brady, it's that guy. I bow in awe everytime I watch him. :rolleyes:

One of the analysts on NFLN last night had the best line so far - the only way the Bills could win is if Brady got stuck in the snow on his way to Ralph Wilson Stadium...

Well, I certainly don't expect them to act like they are not confident. That didn't go over so well for Joe Gibbs.

One of the analysts on NFLN last night had the best line so far - the only way the Bills could win is if Brady got stuck in the snow on his way to Ralph Wilson Stadium...

Actually, we'd still kick their ass.

I'm really looking forward to this "scheme" they've come up with. My bet is that involves changing the game time and not telling the Patriots.

Last edited:

I think not.

No way, Lynch was whatever offense they had. With Lynch I give them 1 in 8 chance of winning, wthout 1 in 15. Those odds can increase slightly if Buffalo weather plays a factor. But it will be a very slight increase because without Lynch (who's better than Maroney) because otherwise we are better at nearly every other position, largely negating the randomness that bad weather introduces on the outcome. The only other position they could make a claim of having the better player is MLB Crowell over Bruschi. Otherwise, for example, Brady > Losman, Moss > Evans, Wilfork >Triplet, Harrison>Whitner (but not hugely), Welker > Reed, Stallworth >Parish, Watson>Royal, Faulk>ATrain, Seymour>Schoebel (but not hugely), Samuel>McGee, etc etc .... man those Bills really do suck the more that I look at it.

Last edited:
No way, Lynch was whatever offense they had. With Lynch I give them 1 in 8 chance of winning, wthout 1 in 15. Those odds can increase slightly if Buffalo weather plays a factor. But it will be a very slight increase because without Lynch (who's better than Maroney) because otherwise we are better at nearly every other position, largely negating the randomness that bad weather introduces on the outcome. The only other position they could make a claim of having the better player is MLB Crowell over Bruschi. Otherwise, for example, Brady > Losman, Moss > Evans, Wilfork >Triplet, Harrison>Whitner (but not hugely), Welker > Reed, Stallworth >Parish, Watson>Royal, Faulk>ATrain, Seymour>Schoebel (but not hugely), Samuel>McGee, etc etc .... man those Bills really do suck the more that I look at it.

The weather will be FINE. Cold, clear with a mild (for Buffalo) wind. Gametime, the temps should be in the high 20's, low 30's. All in all, not a bad night for football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye