Welcome to PatsFans.com

Carter's Six Points

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by STFarmy, Nov 27, 2006.

1. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I was just wondering what everyone else thought about this statement from Carter's latest column (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=cc-sixpoints112706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns):

"The New England Patriots defense must create big plays. The Pats play a 3-4 and in that alignment, you need good linebackers, which they don't have."

Would you classify the Pats linebackers really not good? Yes, there is little depth. Yes, the Seau loss is relatively major. But Vrabel (albeit on the inside for now) and Bruschi? Those are some damn fine linebackers. I think that the blanket statement saying they're not good is fallicious.

2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You actually bother to read Carter's drivel?

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Just more baloney by writers who don't know what they are talking about...NO big deal...

4. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Haha, call it sadomasochism. I read most of the "experts" featured on yahoo, for good or ill. For some reason, this particular statement stuck in my head as ridiculous, so I just wanted to see what others thought.

5. skri65

skri65 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Quite frankly, that's BS.

Bruschi, Vrabel, and Colvin are among the best at their respective positions. Its that extra OLB spot that might prove detrimental. But otherwise, we have a great starting LB core.

6. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

chris carter ? crackhead chris carter ? that chris carter ? he's michael irvin without the racism. nobody with any sense takes him seriously.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

If you are writing for Yahoo.com, you obviously can't make it in a big market or big media outlet.. enough said, dismiss the fool.