PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carter's Six Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

STFarmy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone else thought about this statement from Carter's latest column (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=cc-sixpoints112706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns):

"The New England Patriots defense must create big plays. The Pats play a 3-4 and in that alignment, you need good linebackers, which they don't have."

Would you classify the Pats linebackers really not good? Yes, there is little depth. Yes, the Seau loss is relatively major. But Vrabel (albeit on the inside for now) and Bruschi? Those are some damn fine linebackers. I think that the blanket statement saying they're not good is fallicious.

You actually bother to read Carter's drivel?

Just more baloney by writers who don't know what they are talking about...NO big deal...

You actually bother to read Carter's drivel?

Haha, call it sadomasochism. I read most of the "experts" featured on yahoo, for good or ill. For some reason, this particular statement stuck in my head as ridiculous, so I just wanted to see what others thought.

Quite frankly, that's BS.

Bruschi, Vrabel, and Colvin are among the best at their respective positions. Its that extra OLB spot that might prove detrimental. But otherwise, we have a great starting LB core.

chris carter ? crackhead chris carter ? that chris carter ? he's michael irvin without the racism. nobody with any sense takes him seriously.

If you are writing for Yahoo.com, you obviously can't make it in a big market or big media outlet.. enough said, dismiss the fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back