PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Palmer update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Mort on ESPN reported that it was a "clean tear" of the tendon (whatever that means) according to doctors and Palmer should be ready for training camp.

I for one am glad to hear that. I like Palmer as a player.

Thanks for the update. I like Palmer too (I like the Bengals just generally) and I feel terrible that his first playoff game ended on his second snap. We can only speculate on what might have been had he not been hurt.

Bella*chick said:
Thanks for the update. I like Palmer too (I like the Bengals just generally) and I feel terrible that his first playoff game ended on his second snap. We can only speculate on what might have been had he not been hurt.

That is why that Kimo cheap shotted him. It may have been in Cowhers game plan to mame Palmer, and Kimo got the chance on that play. Cowher knows if Palmer played, his Steelers would lose, and by doing that, and bringing in Kitna, who does not have the arm like Palmer, he can say easy victory. Stuff like what Kimo did needs to be out of football. It pissed me off that the refs did not throw that guy out of the game.

JackPMiller said:
That is why that Kimo cheap shotted him. It may have been in Cowhers game plan to mame Palmer, and Kimo got the chance on that play. Cowher knows if Palmer played, his Steelers would lose, and by doing that, and bringing in Kitna, who does not have the arm like Palmer, he can say easy victory. Stuff like what Kimo did needs to be out of football. It pissed me off that the refs did not throw that guy out of the game.

Hey Jack, that's bs and you know it. Oh yeah and did anyone inform you that Wistrom is a Seahawk now?

huskeralk said:
Hey Jack, that's bs and you know it. Oh yeah and did anyone inform you that Wistrom is a Seahawk now?

I know Wistrom is a Seahawk, but the guy that made my banner, has not posted in two years. I wanted to get Tony Hargrove in place of Wistrom, but someone said, keep Wistrom, because the guy helped us win a Super Bowl, and got us to another, which we ended up losing to you guys. But still, I would like to get the back of Hargrove in the pic.

Willie55 said:
Mort on ESPN reported that it was a "clean tear" of the tendon (whatever that means) according to doctors and Palmer should be ready for training camp.

I for one am glad to hear that. I like Palmer as a player.

Apparently it is a clean tear of the tendons plural (acl and mcl). KFFL is quoting ESPN as well:

Bengals | More on Palmer injury
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:04:14 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer (knee) tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee Sunday, Jan. 8. Medical personnel said after the game that because both ligament injuries were "clean tears," recovery is expected to be somewhat less problematic than in some past torn ligament cases regarding athletes. Palmer is expected to undergo surgery to repair the two ligaments in the coming days.

I too doubt that Cowher would have ORDERED his guys to go low and try to MAIM Palmer. I don't doubt, though, that KVO did lunge at Palmer's knee trying to take the guy down. I'm sorry, but KVO needs to take acting lessons. He could have cared less if Palmer was actually hurt. He was more interested in whether the pass was completed than in whether Palmer was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back