PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Palmer post game press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
says lost best thing happened to bengals..they were overconfident... and then goes on to say "thats a team we could have beat" and he hopes we meet again and then can beat them
i like carson palmer but when u lose 38-13 and say we couldve beaten them it sounds weird..

Edit:here are the exact quotes

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

"Bengals QB Carson Palmer on the loss: “It’s tough to say after a loss like this, but hopefully, we’ll be able look back in a month or two and say we needed this. I don’t know if we were too ****y or too confident, but I know this is a team we should’ve beat. Hopefully, we’ll get another shot at them. I know if we play our best football, we can beat them."

Last edited:
This guy has often come off as immature and petty in his press conferences. I remember when the Heisman vote came up in 2004 and he could vote because he was a past winner, and he said he was going to vote for Matt Leinart and then Reggie Bush just because he didn't want Jason White to win. There were a lot of people who were so outraged by his comments that they didn't want him to be allowed to vote. The guys has been like this repeatedly. I respect him as a player but I don't think he's very classy as a person.

Even if what he said is true, could you ever imagine Tom Brady or even Peyton Manning saying something like that?

"You have no idea how close we were to scoring 40 points"

- Roy Williams

"I hear you, us too."

-Carson Palmer

He should take a lesson from Roy Williams.

edit: lol, too slow.

Last edited:
Anyone can win and lose on any given week. That's why i stay off the bandwagon and trust Belichick, Brady and the coaches. Can't expect to win all 16 games but i like what I saw today. I like what I saw weeks 1 and 2 also. The worst I see us going is 11-5 and I doubt it will be that.

No reason with our personel and coaches we can't get to the AFC title game...we're as good as anyone in the AFC on any given Sunday and in the crunch it's still Patriots, Steelers and Colts....same as last year.

This sounds like the press confs after the 2001 afc championship in pitt, check out this gem from Housmanzadeh...

"They knew they couldn't stop us, but you need the team as a whole to succeed," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "There aren't any (defensive backs) on that team that can cover us. That's why they played the coverages they did. They did a good job of mixing it up."

BBelichicken said:
This sounds like the press confs after the 2001 afc championship in pitt, check out this gem from Housmanzadeh...

"They knew they couldn't stop us, but you need the team as a whole to succeed," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "There aren't any (defensive backs) on that team that can cover us. That's why they played the coverages they did. They did a good job of mixing it up."

Yeah they really couldn't stop them, all the way to the tune of 4 sacks, 2 fumbles and 13 points!

This is one classy team.:rolleyes:

Edit: PS, TJ-Some of those sacks were coverage sacks. Meaning that receivers WEREN'T OPEN!

Last edited:
SVN said:
says lost best thing happened to bengals..they were overconfident... and then goes on to say "thats a team we could have beat" and he hopes we meet again and then can beat them
i like carson palmer but when u lose 38-13 and say we couldve beaten them it sounds weird..

For someone who hates the Steelers, he certainly sounds a lot like them c. 2001.

Edit: Didn't see your post BBelichicken

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
The guys has been like this repeatedly. I respect him as a player but I don't think he's very classy as a person.

Carson Palmer looks like a total douche on the field. Seriously, the guy's face makes the Peyton-whine-face look cheery. You know the bitc*y a**hole QB in every football movie ever made that the unlikely hero takes over for? Just my impression, but that guy is Carson Palmer.

Last edited:
BBelichicken said:

LOL, I got a chuckle out of that. What game do these people think they're playing? Backyard flag football? It's true. We never did zone coverages in my backyard. ROFL!!

Are teams and players really this dumb? They dont get schemes and putting their team in the best position to win. We played that coverage cause thats how to beat you. And you scored 13 points I think we stopped you. Too funny.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5551

here is another quote
"You never think you’re going to get beat like that,†said Palmer, who didn’t have a completion longer than 33 yards even though two of the Pats’ starting defensive backs didn’t play. “Maybe it’s what we needed.â€"

.lot of teams have said that in the past 3 yrs

Yeah, it's definitely a fluke getting beaten by the team that has won 3 out of the last 5 Superbowls.

BBelichicken said:

Translation: We have better individual players, the pats are a better team.......Last time i check TJ, it was a team sport---enjoy your bye week:rocker:

SVN said:
"thats a team we could have beat" and he hopes we meet again and then can beat them

Yeah, meet again when his teammates are out on parole.

Can someone tell me why a perennial loser like the Bengals earns the right be arrogant over ONE divisional title? Cincy and the Steelers are simply made for eachother. Talk about a couple of teams that are classic "all hat and no cattle".

Jacky Roberts said:
Can someone tell me why a perennial loser like the Bengals earns the right be arrogant over ONE divisional title? Cincy and the Steelers are simply made for eachother. Talk about a couple of teams that are classic "all hat and no cattle".
to be honest most of the players comments seemed ok..this one stuck out and even espn news played it back on tv

BradyisGod said:
"You have no idea how close we were to scoring 40 points"

- Roy Williams

"I hear you, us too."

-Carson Palmer

Great comparison:rocker:

This could actually be a big problem for this team. It's obvious that mentally they are struggling (note the criminal problems) However it seems like they are believing all the hype the media heaps upon them. If they can't step back from a loss and learn from it and move on, then they are in trouble down the road. It's one thing to have the talent, it's quite another to realize it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes