Welcome to PatsFans.com

Carrie Jean Prejean to Host Fox and Friends..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 15, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

Make sure you all TIVO this, on May 27th... Carrie Jean will be on Fox and Friends.. predictable.. the effort to try to make this woman more than she is.. maybe she can interview Palin on how bad the press is and how it is responsible for their dumbness... then she can interview Joe the Plumber.. then fade to a clip of Rush wishing her the best of luck in her crusade against homosexuality..

Miss California on Cable News: Fox & Friends Gives Carrie Prejean Her Chance - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Great. Get 'em in a lather on the 21% fringe right... for the rest of us, hey look! She's crossing her legs again! HEY does she have UNDERWEAR???
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hmmm, just saw MSNBC bragging that they scored the first interview with her after Trump's press conference. FYI one of the hosts on Morning Joe (Willie Geist) was an actual judge at the pageant and he said her answer didn't affect his vote and thought she was brave and did the right thing by answering honestly. Geist supports gay marriage.

And does anyone here think the background dirt digging exercises would have been anywhere near as intense if she had come out in favor of gay marriage? It makes me wonder what roll model speaking engagements she’d be the darling of if only she gave us the right answer........and what network she would be hosting on.

You know what? Even with the clumsy way she answered, she wouldn't make post one by you guys if she supported gay marriage.
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And so it begins again.

I take it you aren't going to watch then? ;)
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

And so WHAT begins, Efin?

The fact that the whack-jobs want a beauty queen messiah, who is turning a dumb and inarticulately stated "position" during a question in a beauty contest into a career?

Stop playing the victim and grow some gray matter. News flash: your last beauty contestant messiah failed. This one's younger, but it's not going to help, from what we've seen.

News flash to the extreme right: the way out of the political wilderness is not a beauty queen. A beauty queen is someone who everybody -- well, all heterosexual males -- wants to boff, not vote for.

PFnV
  6. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I don't see what the hell she did wrong at the pageant to stir up such a huge controversy.

Admittedly, I haven't been following this story closely, so someone here can steer me to the real story, but she was asked an unsolicited question. She didn't go up there to make some statement. She was blindsided with a completely inappropriate question by some idiot judge. Good for her for answering what is in her heart (which btw, even though I don't agree with it, is NOT some extremist position).

Everything that happened at that pageant that night seems pretty innocent on her part to me. I am not making this comment based on what she did AFTERWARDS, but I don't agree with the hysterical left wing reaction to the answer to the question at the pageant.
  7. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It begins again with more whining about the right milking her, more complaining of mistreatment of her by the left, more rehashed anti-gay marriage and pro-gay marriage arguments. Just as it died down two days ago it starts up again.

I swear some of you are in love with her the way anytime her face appears people rush to the computers to complain and defend her...she's just a beauty queen whose 15 minutes is fading fast. Another week and she's old news with the Memorial Day Weekend.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

She was dragged through the mud more for her position than she was for her clumsy answer IMO.
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

I haven't followed it closely either but I haven't seen the "hysterical left wing reaction." All I have seen is a sort of group chuckle.

I think it's pretty clear she's grabbing her fifteen minutes and trying to morph into just what the right is looking for, and I think it's likely she'll fail. My understanding is she basically started by saying her country I mean her family don't roll like that (gay marriage,) evidently had some problem with nudie pix, got the Donald to exempt her from nudie-pix-purgatory, and evidently has fake tits, whether nude or not... When people make mention of any of this, as I understand it, they're on a hateful witch-hunt. Wow, guess Vanessa Williams wished the pageant world was so loosey-goosey in her day. Or maybe not. She used the notoriety to launch a singing or movie or something career, and that's what Prejean is doing, only in fringe politics.

Don't get me wrong I'd still do her.

PFnV
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

The point is we may never have known any of this if she had come out in favor of gay marriage. If the pictures and her fake boobs were uncovered (pun not intended) then it wouldn't even still be news..............lol, her answer, clumsy as it was a thousand times more coherent then Pelosi's was in her press conference e yesterday.
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

In reality it was not a big deal on the left, the right chose to make it a big deal and played the political homosexual card, and then played her as a victim of the evil press.. it became much bigger than it had to be because of Fox News et al... she has made the headline or by line on Fox just about everyday since it happened...

She is just another person that the right wants to hitch its wagon to to solidify the extreme right base...
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

This Girl Carrie should send that nasty little creep that asked her the question a bunch of roses and a thank you card.

There's a lot of people in her home state that would have given the same answer she did, our beautiful president Prince Barack also feels the same way.

SHE IS TRASHED CRUCIFIED AND BRANDED STUPID ALL BECAUSE THE POLITICALLY CORRECT LEFT WING NAZIS DIDN'T LIKE HER ANSWER TO THEIR LOADED QUESTION FROM A LITTLE SLITHERING CREEP TRYING TO PUSH HIS AGENDA SH!T, CARRIE SAT HIM AND ALL OF POLITICALLY CORRECT AMERICA RIGHT ON THEIR A$SES.

IT BACKFIRED, A STAR IS BORN.
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

dude..........you are more obsessed than the righties
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Welp, I suppose it's all in the chronology: how long after she gave her answer was it until she was made a right wing icon? As I recall it was pretty simultaneous. Why is she an icon? Because she's holy and moral and wholesome enough to decry gay marriage, dabgummit! Um yeah but what about the nudie pix and the fake tits th Miss CA pageant bought her? WITCH HUNT WITCH HUNT!!!!

Anyhoo, whatever. Another sideshow for the Right... better that she do the show than not, from my perspective.

PFnV
  15. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

If this keeps up she'll be Palins choice for VP when she runs for POTUS in 2012. They are made for each other.
  17. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you want to give Harry and Darryl heart attacks!!!! :eek: :D

Finally something they can both agree on- a nightmare on both sides!
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Look, I can't deny she's become a poster child for some anti-gay marriage crusaders but she's also become a target of ridicule from left including some very hateful attacks from gay rights groups and left wing media. She's been called everything from a stupid b!tch to a man who's had a sex transplant, whatever that means, and everything in between. The clumsyness of her answer is not the reason for these attacks, period. This "sideshow" has had many, many contributions from the left.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

It would make great comedy, Rush could anoint her.. O'Reilly could be the lead man on the right wing circle jerk and Hannity could use his face time to expound their virtuousness and purity..
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

That's total BS. This is charactor assasination by the very people who claim to be open to dialogue, different views, etc. You know, those debate and discussion people. This girl probably couldn't tell you what the square root of 81 is, but guess what, she's a BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTESTANT . She shouldn't have to know what it is. She's eye candy (rather nice eye candy as were just about all of the POA's on that stage), and as Pats42 correctly stated, if she had said "I think we live in a country where all people should have the ability to marry whomever they choose, regardless of gender...yada, yada, yada...." She'd have been hailed as princess of the universe by the left, and parade in SF would have had a float just for her. Instead, she gets investigated, and dragged through the mud. Don't get me wrong, were the tides turned, I'm sure it would be the sanctity of marraige people, that would likely be looking for some dirt, to denegrate her with. So it goes in today's world. We want people to speak their minds, openly and honestly, but only if we're going to agree with what they say.

It's funny how she's not a big deal, yet you constantly post about her.

Let me be clear on how I feel about her. I think she's sultry hot. A total smoke show, and I want to.....nevermind :D. I think she answered the question honestly. A question that was extremely inappropriate for that setting IMO. Her answer was the opposite of that which Perez, and most in that beauty community were seaking. As a result, she has been dragged through the mud for it. We always ask for honest answers, and transparency. Well, why would anyone answer honestly, if they are going to be punished for it personally? That's why I'm bothered by this. Again, she could be a total whore in her personal life, or a loser of monumental porportions. That doesn't change the issue here. At least it doesn't for me.