Welcome to PatsFans.com

Caroline A No-Go

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Vatican won't support her as Ambassador due to her pro-choice stance, which is leaving the White House with slim pickins , as many/most democrats tend to also be pro-choice.
    Washington Times - Vatican frowns on envoy prospects

One of the Vatican's rejects was a pro-life REP but they rejected him because of his support of Obama. This whole thing between Obama and the Catholic Church is getting more interesting all the time. :cool:

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,933 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

What a crisis.

3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

who's gonna be the ambassador to the Scientology headquarters?

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What does a candidate's stance on abortion have to do with being an Ambassador? Does the Pope really think that Caroline Kennedy is empowered to grant abortions to anyone but herself?

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 3 / -10

Old Horse face John Fonda Kerry told Barry Jug Ears to give her that job, the Pope told her to "get lost" don't those damn kennedy's get it yet, Camelot is dead, she got kicked out of NY and now the Pope sh!t on her, the Last Thing the Pope wants is and American Left Wing Liberal Abortionist running around the Vatican and the last thing the Pope wants is that Kennedy Tribe coming over there to visit her.

So Long Kennedy's We Hardky Knew Ye

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh I don't know Harry, he's got Bernie the molester protector runnin' around over there. Sounds to me like the standard for getting a gig at the pope's place is pretty low.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 3 / -10

I know, those Priests did a Job on the Catholic Church in this country, I was always told when I was a kid I wasn't going to heaven because I was a Protestent, there's only Catholics up there, I wonder where the hell I'm gonna go, I have to find out pretty quick, if you people don't see any of my sh!t posted on here for a month that means I'm dead.

8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Exactly but what's stranger still is the fact we've obviously had democatic rule before yet I don't recall reading about so much vitriol against a particular president and/or his appointees before. According to that article (and others), the Catholic Church has all but declared war on this administration which I find extreme to say the least.

There've been other administrations who are pro-choice and Nancy Reagan (definitely a rep/conservative-I've no idea on their stance re abortion but hazarding a guess let's assume the Reagans were more pro-life) has been a HUGE supporter of ESCR. I'm sure the CC spoke out or whatever at the time, but was there ever such a rift declared against them,or Clinton,or anyone?

Why this sudden outrage against one particular administration,outrage expressed almost across the board. ND falls in that category too-it's traditionally invited presidents to speak at it's graduation ceremonies and I'm sure not ALL of those presidents ascribed to all things Catholic:rolleyes: yet affiliated organizations are threatening to block future funding because of it. In the past students have protested certain speakers and people were cool with that, but the overall reaction to all things Obama is over the top considering past events.

The Pope even refused to have his picture taken with Pelosi when she visited Rome,which has to be a first.

You don't have to be a Catholic or even a religious person to find this whole anti-Obama thing bordering on Bizarr-o. He's one of the most,if not THE most,polarizing and devisive presidents on almost every level, we've ever had.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

Because they are supporters of a lot of things the church is against. Embryonic stem cell research, abortion, gay marraige, prayer in school, etc. When Obama pushes Amnesty the Vatican will be right behind him.

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

How would a country in Africa feel if America appointed a KKK member as an ambassador to their country. C Kennedy's stance on abortion are just as offensive to the Vatican as a KKK member stance on race would be to a black person.

From the POV of the Vatican she is endorsing the murder of innocents..

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 26 / -33

Not sure why we need the expense of an ambassador to the Vatican.. seems a tad frivolous and one of those feel good things that probably should change.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

The pope is a religious leader of a billion or so catholics, btw how many vote for the dems.

14. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I know Obama supports anti-Catholic stances but so have other administrations,like every Dem we've ever had probably. Maybe it's the ESCR that put them over the top, as that one is Obama's.

Good point about Amnesty; we'll soon(apparently:mad:) see if all is forgiven then.

15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

What a strange question. An ambassador is supposed to have good lines of communication and get along with both sides - how is that possible with a pro abortion candidate ? That makes no sense - which makes it clear, however, why Obama would want her for the job.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 3 / -10

The Pope doesn't want the enemy in his camp, little Caroline is a phony and she carries a lot of "Immoral Baggage" she isn't the Camelot Saint that some think she is, the last place in the world that a Kennedy should be working is in "A Religion" that whole tribe has commited every sin in the book and some that haven't even been thought of yet.

17. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Aside from representing millions in regard to religion,read about The Vatican (Inc.) and you'll see another big reason why.

18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

why?

well, the vatican is in the eastern hemisphere, and barry has already proven he will bend over and blow kisses for just about anyone in the eastern hemisphere

I just wonder when barry invites iran to the 'G9', will he put it in his mouth when ahmadinejad whips it out

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

It all comes down to personal gain with Amnesty. Search my posts on this, and you'll see I had this pegged from day 1. Future votes for politicians, and for the church, it's about $$. Central and South Americans are predominately catholic, and church going. The church sees them as a new wave of Europeans persay, that will fill the pews that have dwindled down over the years. They want illegals to be allowed to stay, so they can donate money, and increase their following. It's always about business in the end. It's why I laugh at the people who buy the BS lines that politicians, and people of sway always spew. Ask yourself how they benefit first, and if you see a treasure map of sorts, then X will so mark the spot.

20. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yup-like I said he's the most devisive president I think we've ever had, and that attribute is invading and slowly tearing down every single "bastion" we've ever had.

Opinions vary on those bastions of course and that's how it should be here in this country. But he's involved in EVERYTHING,like constantly in your face no matter the topic. Like the baby on the E-trade commercials 'says' about the clown he invited to his party: "I way underestimated the creepiness". :cool: