PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carolina vs Boston in the second round

Goodnight Bruins; 116 points, #1 seed and they are going down in flames to the 6th seed Whalers. Aside from the first game (and really the third period), they've been totally outplayed by the Whalers.

I guess the secret to winning in the playoffs is to end up as the 6 seed, win a miracle game 7 in the first round and then go up against a team that takes you lightly.

Too bad.

And the Celtics got blown out tonight too..................

The NHL playoffs are exciting but give me a break. The best teams rarely get to the Stanley Cup. I think Detroit has won a couple of times recently,probably should of won 7 this decade. Other than that I'm tired of seeing seeds 4-8 making it to the finals and winning it.
It's becoming a big turn off for me. Talk about parity to the extreme. Crap shoot galore.

3-1 is not insurmountable by any means. Especially in hockey, but disappointing non the less.

The NHL playoffs are exciting but give me a break. The best teams rarely get to the Stanley Cup. I think Detroit has won a couple of times recently,probably should of won 7 this decade. Other than that I'm tired of seeing seeds 4-8 making it to the finals and winning it.
It's becoming a big turn off for me. Talk about parity to the extreme. Crap shoot galore.

3-1 is not insurmountable by any means. Especially in hockey, but disappointing non the less.

Good points all around; hockey is really the only sport where one guy (ie a hot goalie) can carry you a long way in the playoffs.

That is clearly not the case here, the Bruins have been outplayed by a wide margin.

They've been down to the Whalers in the playoffs before, so we'll see what they are made of tomorrow night at home.

I'm expecting their best game of the playoffs; if they go out, they should do so guns blazing............

I think they can still pull it out. 3-1 in hockey is not what it means in other sports. The Caps came back this year from it, the Bruins forced a game 7 last year, and blew it as a #1 against the Habs too. It's doable, but if they play slow like they have been, good night.

Just force a game 6 and we'll have a chance.

I think they can still pull it out. 3-1 in hockey is not what it means in other sports. The Caps came back this year from it, the Bruins forced a game 7 last year, and blew it as a #1 against the Habs too. It's doable, but if they play slow like they have been, good night.

Just force a game 6 and we'll have a chance.

I think that is the problem; they haven't played well in any of the last three games.

Too bad they couldn't have stolen that OT game as they had a couple of very good scoring chances in OT but couldn't finish the deal.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Cakewalking through the regular season is great for a veteran team with lots of playoff experience. Like a certain other team mentioned from time to time on this message board;) But it ain't quite so good for a young team who's vets don't have a lot of post season experience. The sunshine and lollypops regular season the Bruins had did them no favors in prepping them for this.

They better turn it around in Boston, I have tickets to game 6!

4-0 win at home to stay alive for the Bruins, everyone looked good and they were very fired up at the end of the game.

Hope they finally have momentum to force a game seven at home.

I think that the bruins will win the series now with the showing in game 5. I am not talking about the score as much as the way they played. They got back to bruin hockey with the checking and being opportunistic with scoring chances. I think Carolina woke up a sleeping beast because through the first 4 games the bruins were just going through the motions and playing finesse hockey. They are not a finesse team and they need to hit some people in the mouth so they know what is in store for them. I have a feeling that Lucic is going to beat someone's Arse in game 6 for that cheap shot on Ward. Let's get ready to rumble in Carolina for game 6.

I'm happy the B's won cause now my tics to game 6 mean something!

The Bruins finally played a good game this series. They were finally able to deal with Carolina's aggressive fore check and get out of their zone and through the neutral zone like they are capable of doing. Keeping the puck in the offensive end for once worked like wonders and they put up a ton of shots and netted some goals. Playing very physical certainly helped but that hasn't been there biggest problem this series.

Scratching Wheeler was a good move. His poor play had led to quite a few goals for Carolina in the first few games.

Good to have internet access again.:D

(I would start my own thread, but I dont have the # of posts for it so):

Hey, can anybody find a clip of that little kid with the Bruins logo on his chest going nuts. I was telling somebody about that kid, but its one of those things you have to see for yourself. I was watching the game on "Versus", if that matters. Im living in CT now and have cablevision, so I dont get NESN anymore:mad:

Anyways, that kid was hilarious

That kid is wat u call a true fan, lol. anyway i'm wat i consider 'up north' in my carolina hotel. very hard to find a hotel. i have tics to 2nite's games. hopefully the bruins can pull out the win, if not it will suck walking outta the arena so Go Bruins!

i dont usually double post, but heres wats happening in CAR. The crowd was intense, then thanks to the B's they got quite silent. 3-1 rite now. Go Bruins!!

i dont usually double post, but heres wats happening in CAR. The crowd was intense, then thanks to the B's they got quite silent. 3-1 rite now. Go Bruins!!

4-1 now about four minutes into the third period...it ain't over yet but it's looking very good for the Bruins sending the series back to Boston...

:( Oh man, memories of Neely on that hit Savard just took on the knee. Hope he is ok.

Last edited:
Sooner or later I'm gonna learn to quit writing off Boston teams just 'cause they get down a bit in the playoffs.

Bruins are playing with the momentum and going back home for game 7, they have the advantage now

I think that the bruins will win the series now with the showing in game 5. I am not talking about the score as much as the way they played. They got back to bruin hockey with the checking and being opportunistic with scoring chances. I think Carolina woke up a sleeping beast because through the first 4 games the bruins were just going through the motions and playing finesse hockey. They are not a finesse team and they need to hit some people in the mouth so they know what is in store for them. I have a feeling that Lucic is going to beat someone's Arse in game 6 for that cheap shot on Ward. Let's get ready to rumble in Carolina for game 6.

Well Lucic didn't beat anyone's arse but he did school half of their team on that assist he had to savard. I could just tell that the Bruins clicked and got back to their style and swagger they had during the regular season. Bruins are going to monkey spank the canes tomorrow night. Let's Go Bruins and Celts.

So much fail in this post.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back