PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carolina releases Al Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
That logic is pathetic. It doesnt matter if an x rounder beat out a y rounder.

You just demonstrated that you have no clue what your talking about. Since when does playing the nose have to do with size alone? Just sad. If a guy doesnt have the knowledge to play nose tackle, you can't just throw him in there.

Then why does BB keep him? You still havnt answered that.

I didnt tell you any such thing

I never said he was a pretty good player. He is what he is. If you get back to the thread that was actually posted b4 you hijacked it, you would see that this is about bringing in a player to replace Hill, which is not necessary.

it does matter what round u are. i guess Maroney vs Cobbs was competition.. 1 was undrafted, other a first rounder. you invest your top picks for a player you hope can contribute. when you pick a guy in first round, you dont plan on him being a backup..same in round 2. usually backups/depth are late round/FA

i never said size is the only thing that matters. you said Wright is a NT and Hill is a DE...well Wright plays both

BB keeps him because maybe he shows a sign and can at least contribute . were not gonna throw away a 2nd rounder player. maybe hes useful in practice on scout team. if hes as cheap as other backups, why not..its not like were paying him a ton to sit on the bench. his 2nd round investment isnt something you just kickoff the team when hes getting paid like the rest of the backups.

how did i hijack this thread? im not the 1 who started talking about Hill all of a sudden..i just posted my opinion on Hill and whoever even brought up his name

Sigh...I'm going to take the dive:

it does matter what round u are. i guess Maroney vs Cobbs was competition.. 1 was undrafted, other a first rounder. you invest your top picks for a player you hope can contribute. when you pick a guy in first round, you dont plan on him being a backup..same in round 2. usually backups/depth are late round/FA

Do you not get it?

It isn't that black and white. If a team drafts 3 defensive linemen in a 4-year stretch for a 3-4 defense, in the FIRST ROUND, how do you expect their 2nd round pick, the fourth and final pick of the group, to NOT be a backup?

Answer that for me.

Remix 6 said:
i never said size is the only thing that matters. you said Wright is a NT and Hill is a DE...well Wright plays both.

Wright isn't active on Sundays because he can play defensive end. That's the fact of the matter. He is active because he is the backup NT.

Remix 6 said:
BB keeps him because maybe he shows a sign and can at least contribute

BB keeps him because he believes Hill is the best option for a 4th defensive lineman. Nobody is expecting him to beat out Warren or Seymour for their positions.

Remix 6 said:
. were not gonna throw away a 2nd rounder player. maybe hes useful in practice on scout team. if hes as cheap as other backups, why not..its not like were paying him a ton to sit on the bench. his 2nd round investment isnt something you just kickoff the team when hes getting paid like the rest of the backups.

All correct.

And as I've said before, can you PLEASE use your shift key? Does it really take that much energy to type "I" instead of "i" like a human being?

I'm SICK AND TIRED of stopping for a moment, trying to figure out if you mean the verb form "were" or the contraction "we're." It's annoying as hell.

Now back to your (notice the correct usage for clarity) regularly schedule programming...

Remix 6 said:
how did i hijack this thread? im not the 1 who started talking about Hill all of a sudden..i just posted my opinion on Hill and whoever even brought up his name

You didn't hijack the thread, I just didn't feel like investing the time and energy into another 2-day long discussion on a player who is inactive nearly every week.

Did you not read what I just posted before you decided to step in and moderate? Oh wait, congrats for the promotion to being a mod. I had no idea. For that matter neither did anyone else.:rofl:

That Marquise Hill thread consumed many, many hours of my life. :D

Ever ask yourself why Hill does not play? Could it possibly be Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green, and Wright have something to do with it? We have 3 studs on a defensive line of the 3-4 and two solid back ups. When has Hill had a chance to play?
What? BB doesn't let him practice with the team? The reason Wright and Green come in is because they show they can play.

Hill has the same chance that Wright had. The difference is that UDFA Wright showed he could paly every time he was in - practice or game - and Hill showed he could not.

It isn't like Hill never got a chance, and that BB decided never to try him out, and he plays Madden on the sidelines while Green and Wright practice.

He just is not as good as Hill or Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down