PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carlos Polk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here's a guy I hope the Patriots take a look at in the offseason. According the NFLPA, this was his last season under contract with the Chargers. He filled in for the Chargers while Merriman was suspended and played very well. He made a few big plays against us last week as well. The Chargers have been using him at OLB in their 3-4 system but I think he's more of a natural ILB. I think he could be a good under the radar kind of signings.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235143

Humm looks like a career backup but at least he has some experience under the belt. I think the Pats should seriously take a look at the big talent in the FA pool next year. The Pats holes are pretty easy to see and we will have the cap space to spend. Basically they need to find the next Colvin. His name might be Briggs.

Last edited:
Humm looks like a career backup but at least he has some experience under the belt. I think the Pats should seriously take a look at the big talent in the FA pool next year. The Pats holes are pretty easy to see and we will have the cap space to spend. Basically they need to find the next Colvin. His name might be Briggs.

I think he's one of those players that has been buried in the depth chart. The Chargers have had alot of good LBs. He has been an absolute stud on special teams and like I said, this season when he actually had to step in, he played very well. He's not going to be a guy who is going to command alot of money so worst case he comes in to camp and beats out one of the other backups that we have on our roster. Best case he blossoms in our system and becomes a solid starter for us at ILB.

Well goodness knows we need depth. I don't see how it can hurt us if the Pats scouts like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes