Welcome to PatsFans.com

Carlos Polk

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Alk, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Here's a guy I hope the Patriots take a look at in the offseason. According the NFLPA, this was his last season under contract with the Chargers. He filled in for the Chargers while Merriman was suspended and played very well. He made a few big plays against us last week as well. The Chargers have been using him at OLB in their 3-4 system but I think he's more of a natural ILB. I think he could be a good under the radar kind of signings.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235143
  2. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Humm looks like a career backup but at least he has some experience under the belt. I think the Pats should seriously take a look at the big talent in the FA pool next year. The Pats holes are pretty easy to see and we will have the cap space to spend. Basically they need to find the next Colvin. His name might be Briggs.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  3. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think he's one of those players that has been buried in the depth chart. The Chargers have had alot of good LBs. He has been an absolute stud on special teams and like I said, this season when he actually had to step in, he played very well. He's not going to be a guy who is going to command alot of money so worst case he comes in to camp and beats out one of the other backups that we have on our roster. Best case he blossoms in our system and becomes a solid starter for us at ILB.
  4. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Well goodness knows we need depth. I don't see how it can hurt us if the Pats scouts like him.