Welcome to PatsFans.com

Careful what you wish for, lol

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jul 26, 2007.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Was this what the patients had in mind when they hoped to die while having a young puessy in their beds?

Oscar the Cat Predicts Nursing Home Deaths

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Oscar the cat seems to have an uncanny knack for predicting when nursing home patients are going to die, by curling up next to them during their final hours. His accuracy, observed in 25 cases, has led the staff to call family members once he has chosen someone. It usually means they have less than four hours to live.

"He doesn't make too many mistakes. He seems to understand when patients are about to die," said Dr. David Dosa in an interview. He describes the phenomenon in a poignant essay in Thursday's issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.

The whole story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290840,00.html
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

This happened with my Mom's cat when she was dying.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

There Are Many Things We Have Yet To Learn

There Are Many Things That Organized Religion Doesn't Want Us To Know If It Poses a Threat To The Cash Flow

I Have Seen Things Man Is Not Supposed To See
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +214 / 6 / -7

A few years ago, I was very ill, and when I came home from the hospital, my cat for the first time chose to lie right next to me on the bed, where I could pet him and hear his purring. (Just last weekend, the poor thing had a severe asthma attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. 2 nights at the hospital and $1500 later he's now home, lying next to me on the floor, doing much better.)
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's awesome. Glad to hear the little fella is doing better.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +214 / 6 / -7

Thanks! The poor thing was so weak on the day we took him to the hospital that he couldn't even get up to fetch pieces of shrimp. I had to feed him out of my hand. The really weird thing is at the hospital they gave him a catheter. How the hell do you give a male cat a catheter? Sounds like a skill that would require the steady hands of an old world watchmaker!
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think they use the shrinking machine that Dennis Quaid used in Inner Space.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

I like Cats, I had one for 13 years, my wife and I came home from shopping, this little cat tried to walk across the driveway to us and kept falling, I picked her up to carry her into the house, she was trembling, she looked directly into my eyes, opened her mouth and then died.
    It seemed as though she waited until we got home to die.

I told my wife to put the perishable's away in the refrigerator then I took two large Rubbish Bags out from under the counter, I said "we are going to bury our Cat under the big apple tree that she liked to lounge in and watch the Family Cookouts" my wife agreed.

I carried the bag with the dead cat in it and my wife carried the shovel, I asked my wife if she would dig the grave, I told her I was to upset to do it, she started digging, women don't know how to dig holes, I told her she wasn't digging the grave properly, she told me to "shut the f-ck up or dig it myself", I was quiet for awhile, it was a beautiful day, finally she said, "ok, put the cat in the gave" I said "the grave isn't deep enough, the Coyote's will dig it up tonight and eat the cat" she tried to hit me with the shovel, I fell down, the dead cat fell out of the bag, she then screamed, "you dig the grave yourself you stupid bastard" I didn't say anything she was very upset, she loved that cat, she started crying and went back to the house, my neighbors heard us yelling and were out in their yard watching us, so I tried to act as normal as possible under these circumstances.

I got the cat back in the bag and gently put it into the shallow grave, I covered it with dirt and few rocks, I put some fresh daisy's on it and said a prayer.

The next day I went up into the woods to visit the gravesite and just as I had predicted the damn Coyote's had dug it up and they ate our cat, I found a Cat Leg about twenty feet away.

This Is A True Story, these things happen to me, I have a picture of this cat on my Keyboard.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I gotta ask for at least a hint.....?