PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Career QB ratings: Manning 93.9, Brady 92.9- gap closing rapidly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Was over 6 points entering this year. Amazing since every Colts fan has used QB rating for arguments for Manning over Brady. At this pace, Brady could pass Manning very, very soon. Let me add a quarterback's rating is an average of 15 points higher when playing in a dome, and Brady has now had all-pro weapons for TEN games.

Was over 6 points entering this year. Amazing since every Colts fan has used QB rating for arguments for Manning over Brady. At this pace, Brady could pass Manning very, very soon. Let me add a quarterback's rating is an average of 15 points higher when playing in a dome, and Brady has now had all-pro weapons for TEN games.

Where would you find this updated this quickly?

Yup the stats argument has really evaporated this year, leaving Peyton ballwashers really clutching at straws. The only question is not whether Brady breaks the TD record, its whether he can break 60. Now that would be a RUTHIAN accomplishment!

Where would you find this updated this quickly?

Brady's stats are updated on Wikipedia. I used a calculator to add Manning's stats today to his career total, and googled QB rating calculator. The numbers are accurate.

Brady's stats are updated on Wikipedia. I used a calculator to add Manning's stats today to his career total, and googled QB rating calculator. The numbers are accurate.

I am assuming this excludes playoffs.???? If it did, I am sure those good ole days of Ty Law would bleed Manning's rating even further down.

Last edited:
I am assuming this excludes playoffs.???? If it did, I am sure those good ole days of Ty Law would bleed Manning's rating even further down.

Regular season only. Playoffs included, Brady's is probably higher.

If you really want to have fun with the numbers, compare the numbers inside and outdoors for each player.

other than the stats, i wonder wat the dolts fans have to argue that manning is the better qb, perhaps number of commercials made?

Last edited:

If Playoffs are included, Brady's passer rating dips to 92.1 (his playoff passer rating is 86.4). I imagine Manning's would be a much worse as his playoff stats aren't as impressive as his regular season stats. I also imagine Brady's playoffs stats are going to get a boost this year, just like his regular season stats have.

CHFF has a good write up on this.

I've been following that issue too (and posted about it last week) - I just checked a few minutes ago and the same stats are on espn.com, which for some reason updates their stats faster than nfl.com.

BTW I go to cbs.sportsline.com for game day standings too - they are updated almost as soon as each game ends whereas nfl.com has a significant time lag, for whatever reason.

It is pathetic to use a career choke artist like Manning in the same breath as the best QB in football history.

Truly pathetic.

Let's start by comparing playoff performance and then trickle back to regular season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes