PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

cards vs. Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underoath

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
i'm excited to see how Leinart does, i've enjoyed watching him play at USC. and it will be cool to see Cassel vs. Leinart.

hahah its a bit early to be claiming that

NEM said:
I agree. Too soft on his deep passes.
His arm strength is marginal. bur QBing is more than 75% mental, and arm strength is overrated.

The warning bells are ringing though...

(Heresy or Herisies: I think Cassel might eventually have a better pro career than Lienhart.)

Expectations for the Cards game

My top ten questions for this week's game.

1.) Where does Vrabel play? ILB or OLB or both.
2.) How does O'Callaghan hold up versus a stud pass rusher like Berry?
3.) Does TE Thomas rebound from a puny game and contribute a little more?
4.) Who starts in the secondary?
5.) Will we ever see the double TE offense unleashed?
6.) Can Mills improve on his game last week?
7.) Will "the Beast" (Seymour) play any this week?
8.) Are the Pats going to give the ball to Cobb more this week?
9.) Who starts at WR opposite Caldwell?
10.) Can Neal put together two solid games back to back?

Re: Expectations for the Cards game

Ochmed Jones said:
My top ten questions for this week's game.

1.) Where does Vrabel play? ILB or OLB or both.
2.) How does O'Callaghan hold up versus a stud pass rusher like Berry?
3.) Does TE Thomas rebound from a puny game and contribute a little more?
4.) Who starts in the secondary?
5.) Will we ever see the double TE offense unleashed?
6.) Can Mills improve on his game last week?
7.) Will "the Beast" (Seymour) play any this week?
8.) Are the Pats going to give the ball to Cobb more this week?
9.) Who starts at WR opposite Caldwell?
10.) Can Neal put together two solid games back to back?
11.) Will Andrews play some WR?
12.) Also interested to see how Childress does. I thought he had a good game last week, Cassale missed him twice when he was WIDE open.

Lienhart may not have a cannon for an arm, but he is very accurate and can get the ball into some pretty tight places.

I'm more concerned about how he deals with a real pass rush. In college he had a long time to sit and survey, that's not going to happen in the pros.

Does he have the courage????

the idea that people think they know ANYTHING about how Matt Leinart is going to be in the NFL, when he just signed a contract a few days ago is EXACTLY what's ******ed about messageboards on the internet, and what - until recently - didn't show up here at patsfans.com. A sad commentary on what some of you have made this site - common.

NEM said:
I was going to say the same thing Stan, but then I thought that if I did, I would be castrated. :D

At your age what difference would that make? :D

Off-topic question: how crowded do you think the stadium will be tomorrow? I've got 2 tix in 1 section and 1 in another and I'm wondering how easy it will be for the 3 of us to grab seats together.

Is the NFL Network the only station it is going to be on? The place I'm going to be at during the game doesn't have the NFL Network. Bums me out cuz I only got to see a few plays of the first game but I thought for this game I was going to get to see more.

NEM said:
I disagree. People giving their opinion on how Leinhart will do in the NFL is no different than people giving their opinion on whether the Seau deal was a good one, or not, or giving their opinion on how the Pats will do this season.

It's called "conversation" and without "conversation" there would be no messageboards.

It's also the discussion that makes up a little thing called, oh, THE DRAFT. Predicting how players will do in the NFL in the future is a huge part of football discussion that both organizations, the media, and fans all engage in. Of course they're are no clear answers but hopefully use logic, history, and any other cirumstances to come to a reasonable conclusion. Sometimes fans are wrong in their positions and sometimes teams draft busts. I don't see why discussing Leinart's future success in the NFL with out him playing a game yet is so ridiculous when the Cardinals and many other teams had to do just that. Obviously fans have less information to go by but such is true with all football discussions but that hasn't stopped us before. The attempt to analyze a players future performance is part of the game.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
Is the NFL Network the only station it is going to be on? The place I'm going to be at during the game doesn't have the NFL Network. Bums me out cuz I only got to see a few plays of the first game but I thought for this game I was going to get to see more.

The Boston ABC channel WCVB 5 will be carrying the game

Has anyone noticed the green DirectTV banner at the bottom of this site shows 6 yds between the lines?

Last edited:
Its only preseason, but I expect teh Pats to make a statement tonight and beat the tar out of Arizona (at least while the starters are in there).

Last edited by a moderator:
NavinR.Johnson said:
The Boston ABC channel WCVB 5 will be carrying the game

Has anyone noticed the green DirectTV banner at the bottom of this site shows 6 yds between the lines?

That makes me so happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back