PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Card-Pitt Makes Comeback In Super Bowl XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals, believe it or not, are heading to Super Bowl XLIII. The Arizona Cardinals, believe it or not, are heading to Super Bowl XLIII.

More...

Re: Card-Pitt Makes Comeback In Super Bowl XLIIICard-Pitt Makes Comeback In Super Bow

The Arizona Cardinals, believe it or not, are heading to Super Bowl XLIII. The Arizona Cardinals, believe it or not, are heading to Super Bowl XLIII.

More...

I thought this team was DEAD IN THE WATER after they got their tails handed to them by the Burress/Jacobs-less Giants and the Eagles on Thanksgiving week. In subsequent weeks, the Tavaris Jackson-lead Vikings took them to the woodshed IN Zona, and it appeared the final nail was shut in their coffin after the Pats destroyed them 47-7.

Just them being in the playoffs itself, I thought, was nothing but highway robbery. But they've really, really, really impressed me in each round...didn't think they had a shot against a very good Atlanta team, but they beat them. Thought the Panthers would wrap them up by the 1st quarter, ALMOST THE OPPOSITE happened. Didn't think they had a chance against the NFC's best Eagles AT HOME, but they almost destroyed them(if they hadn't taken their feet off the gas pedal in the 3rd, it would have been a butt-whipping).

This is a team with alot of heart, passion, and fire lead by an excellent coaching staff. Ken Wisenhunt definitely changed the culture of that franchise when he got there in '07.

BTW-it was only last year when they were in near-desperation mode when management screwed up and the bad baby contract they gave to Larry Fitzgerald almost came to bite them in the tail, and they ALMOST traded him to Philly for a washed up Lito Sheppard/2nd round bust Winston Justice/their #2...only for Fitz to give in and readjust his current contract.(He would have counted $14m against their '08 cap)

You know what Fitz subsequently said after he renegotiated his contract? He said something like, "I'm looking forward to winning a championship with this team"...WOW...who would have thought?

Re: Card-Pitt Makes Comeback In Super Bowl XLIIICard-Pitt Makes Comeback In Super Bow

Apologies to all readers for several duplicate entries, such as the title, leadin and even the body. My daughter's computer has a problem with the CTRL-V (paste) shortcut. My computer is getting a new hard disk and will be back with me about Wednesday.

Thanks for your patience,

Bob G

That is an interesting fact that the Cards and Steelers merged to keep a team going during war time....Now they face eachother. GO Cards

Last edited:
Would like to see the Cards win. Don't think they can pull it off. Of course, I've said the same thing for the past three weeks. :p

Steelers favored by 6. I don't gamble on football, but I'm tempted here to make some money by giving some AFC points to the NFC.

I was at the game yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! The place was insane. The crowd noise was non stop, waving white towels, fans standing up the whole game. The atmosphere inside and outside the stadium was nothing I seen before. I am very happy for the Cards and their fans. They really deserved it. I am just glad we were the last team to beat them and we beat them good. The Cards will win the Superbowl. Go Cards. Most importantly, GO PATS in 09!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes