Welcome to PatsFans.com

Car Bomb Mohammad

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Lewiston, Maine is a huge haven for emigrating Somalians.. better watch your back Harry.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I know, I was in Lewiston last week.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

And you got out alive??
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

The article sort of begs the question about to what degree the feds enabled this young man. Did this young man really do the legwork to achieve his aims? Or did he write a bunch of emails and get caught up in the FBI's adventure? The only person this young man seems to be connected with is an "unindicted associate" he contacted by email in Pakistan. The story is very incomplete.

If there's not more to this story, he sounds like a bad 19 year old who deserves to be sentenced to maybe a year in psychiatric hospital (prison would probably just reinforce his behavior), extensive community service, and weekly meetings with a moderate Muslim counselor.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And there you have it folks. Guy tries to murder hundreds of American civilians in cold blood, and Patters blames the FBI for "enabling" him, with the recommendation that he get a year of psychiatric help. Allah forbid we should actually send him to jail.

I can't make this up, friends.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

A troubled kid gets a crazy idea, writes emails to a guy in Pakistan, and the FBI helps the kid think he's realizing his idea -- that's what the story reads like so far. The young man might never have gotten as far as he got if it wasn't for the help of the FBI. I'm sure there are many angry people out there who fantasize about hurting their enemies. I think those fantasies are common among right wingers, whether religious or political conservatives, but how often does the FBI "help" them along?

Like I said, the young man needs to have done something more than allowing the FBI to string him along; frankly, they should have picked up the young man earlier and put him in some sort of program.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You mean like the conservative in here who openly wished for ill health for people who disagree with him politically? Oh no wait, that was a liberal who was wishing for his own countrymen to suffer. My mistake.
    Guy tries to kill a couple hundred Americans, and you're mad at the FBI and the evil conservatives. :rolleyes:

Were you signing the same tune when McVeigh did what he did? Was McVeigh just a confused young man who only needed a year of psychiatric help? AFAIC the only difference between this guy and McVeigh was one of intelligence and competence. Unfortunately, McVeigh was smart enough to carry out his plan whereas fortunately this guy wasn't. I would love to see us do the same thing to him that we did to McVeigh.

The intent to murder hundreds of Americans was there, and all you want is a year of psychiatic treatment. Thank you for making the posts you do. You make liberals look so much worse than any conservative ever could.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

I think if the FBI got wind of a troubled kids fantasies and then helped him realize those fantasies I would say the same thing regardless. If there's evidence that this kid did a lot more than a few emails and follow the guidance and support the FBI provided for him, I would have a different point of view. In my opinion, conservatives live in a more frightening world than I do. I'm not convinced this young man really is the enemy, as you seem to be.

But, again, if there's more to this story than has been reported, I would favor more serious consequences for the 19 year old.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well call me crazy but when an adult (and that's what he is right now) tries to kill a couple hundred American citizens in the name of jihad then yeah I consider him the enemy. Unless the article is actually inaccurate then I really don't need to hear any more to pass my final judgement on him.

You know what a "troubled kid" is? A 16 year old who drops out of school and paints his name on the local overpass. You're trying to make this person sound like all he's guilty of is hanging out with Barbarino, Epstein and Horshack too much. A 19 year old who tries to murder hundreds of Americans in the name of Allah is not a "troubled kid".
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty pathetic attempt to hijack the thread there, Chico. I know you can do better.
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Patters, at the very least he initiated contact and then thought he was trying to set off a bomb.

Not sure what kind of "legwork" you'd require, but this is clearly an attempt to murder many people.
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Pretty pathetic reading comprehension, wolfie. I was responding directly to the thread starter addressing me in his first post.

Don't like it? your issue is with Harry.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Yeah, and he needs help, but I agree that it appears he initiated contact and for that he deserves some sort of help. Now, as far as him trying to set off a bomb, I wonder how many people in the US would actually try to set off a bomb if handed a cellphone that connected to a bomb where there enemy was? I bet there are a number of people who would do that if it was that easy. Should we start giving out cellphones to everyone who threatens Obama, the military, abortion clinics, etc., and arrest them? (But, again, maybe there's a lot more to this story -- that remains to be seen.)
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

If anybody has an "enemy" they would actually set off a bomb to kill, they have very serious issues.

If they initiate an attempt to kill those enemies and then think they are setting off said bomb, they are would-be murderers.

Most of us don't have enemies to the extent we actually want dead. Most of us wouldn't make the call if we were told it would kill people.

How is this any different than somebody setting up a hit? (if anything, it's worse, I'd say, as he was actually going through with it himself)
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Harry Boy is patsfans.com's crazy old uncle. It is not my or your place to take issue with the man. :D
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No he deserves some sort of death penalty. I wish the law would treat a guy who attempts to murder hundreds the same way they treat a guy who succeeds.
    What the frack does this even mean? The guy is a terrorist who tried to murder innocent Americans. And all of a sudden you have him attending pro-life rallies and joining the USMC.

Your problem is you honestly see no moral difference between this guy's attempted actions and the brave men and women serving in the US Armed Forces. Just when I think the forum's liberals can't go any lower, you somehow find a way to dig even deeper.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

He's a Muslim therefore the Liberal will make all kinds of excuses for his desire to "kill" if he were a White Cop a Mormon or a Pedophile Priest they would be crucifying him.
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

If he were a pedophile priest you and your type would ignore him (like you ignored the pedophile priest in the news this week). If he were a cop you'd defend him.