PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Captains trend in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yopats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It was interesting to see an emphasized approach in BB bringing in guys who were captains of there college teams the last couple of years.. Do we still think that will be a trend going forward?

If so.. what prospects that would seem like natural fits are Captains or leaders of their teams?

Last edited:
It was interesting to see an emphasized approach in BB bringing in guys who were captains of there college teams the last couple of years.. Do we still think that will be a trend going forward?

If so.. what prospects that would seem like natural fits are Captains or leaders of their teams?

Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the case. The emphasis on captains was necessary to try and replace all of the leadership that had been lost by departing veterans. With more of those guys on board, and players picking up those responsibilities, that quality might not be as highly coveted. (if it was last time, it could have just been a coincidence)

SSDD

This has been common throughout his tenure with NE, it's nothing new.

As for leaders, I'd have to do some digging to see who NE might be interested in and whether they are team Captains or were Captains in high school.

Adrian Clayborn... don't know why or even if he'd fit our system but he is my draft binki atm i just love his power.

pretty sure i read he was a permanent captain over there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back