PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Captain Slater extended 2yrs/$4M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good contract for both and very fair. Slater is being paid for another 2 years and has the security of 3M guaranteed no matter what. Only cost 4M for the team which makes it cap friendly.

I think this is how the Patriots should do contracts more often. Players will take less if you make more of it guaranteed and if you believe they are professionals that won't dog it then it is the best thing for everyone. I think if you offer Revis 60M for 5 years but make 50M guaranteed he would probably take it.

I don't really think Ghost will be a huge problem to resign, they could even backload it like the Cowboys did for Bailey. As for replacements look at how the Broncos fared with their Prater replacement.
Agreed. There are way too many teams losing games because of their kicker. And if you draft one, there's often a couple of years before he's ready to kick in the really pressure games (see Ghost in the SB). We have a guy who is arguably as good as any kicker in the NFL. I'd rather keep him.

Happy for Slater! Not only is he an incredible player for us, he seems like a very good person too. Thankful that he is a Patriot for the foreseeable future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back