PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that Bodden is gone after this year. We're his 3rd team in 3 years, and he made it clear when arriving here that he would have liked nothing better than a stable, long term deal.

How did he make that clear? He signed a 1 year deal that prohibits him being tagged. That screams "show me year" to me. Springs is here for a while, Bodden is gone, and hopefully wheatley, wilhite, or butler will be good enough that it wont matter.

I think both Burgess and Bodden are stopgaps for the Pats. They'll both play good years, sign big deals next year, and the Pats will get 3rd round comp picks for each.

Last edited:
As much as I love me some Kevin Faulk, is it really a good idea to be pushing money back on a 33 year old RB?

Can't really think of Faulk in the same vein as other running backs though. Most RBs see a huge dropoff post 30, because they take so many hits and endure so much punishment. I would say Faulk's "football age" should be measured more like a WR, given how many touches he sees per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back