PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap Pages will be updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
- a quick question

Wouldn't it be reasonable to include the $3.5M veteran allowance in the salary cap, or at least in the total money that we have available without borrowing from the future? As with other cap money, if we don't need it we won't use it. But it seems available at any time.

I think that it is reasonable not to include mentioning it since it was not mentioned in the additional cap room section. It appears to me that this $3.5 million is available financing

NFLLabor.com NFL clubs approve comprehensive agreement «

"All teams will have approximately $3.5 million in what would otherwise be performance-based pay available to fund veteran player salaries."
My emphasis added.

Once I get the split salary amount then my cap pages will finally be updated with the transitional changes to the new CBA. For now, I am using $200,000 as the amount.

The Patriots still have to sign Solder, Ras-I and Vareen, so there is not a great deal of cap space left.

They might do some re-structure and if they can reach a log term deal with Mankins, that will be huge in more ways than just cap space.

I suppose we will see on August 5th, after the August 4th transactions. Even if there is not much left (in the eye of the beholder), there is still more room to be had.

We still have to factor in the $3M that can be borrowed from the 2017 cap, the 3.5M that can be added to fund veteran salaries, and the effect of Ochocinco's restructuring.

The Patriots still have to sign Solder, Ras-I and Vareen, so there is not a great deal of cap space left.

They might do some re-structure and if they can reach a log term deal with Mankins, that will be huge in more ways than just cap space.

Last edited:
I suppose we will see on August 5th, after the August 4th transactions. Even if there is not much left (in the eye of the beholder), there is still more room to be had.

We still have to factor is the $3M that can be borrowed from the 2017 cap, the 3.5M that can be added to fund veteran salaries, and the effect of Ochocinco's restructuring.

I hope that you are right. They will need to hold some in reserve in case that bad think happens, and they have to sign a player or 2 during the season.

We usually hold about $4M in reserve to add Player 52 and Player 53 (only 51 count for awhile), to fund the Practice Squad and to provide for an injury reserve fund for the year.

I hope that you are right. They will need to hold some in reserve in case that bad think happens, and they have to sign a player or 2 during the season.

We still have to factor in the $3M that can be borrowed from the 2017 cap, the 3.5M that can be added to fund veteran salaries, and the effect of Ochocinco's restructuring.

I've been told that the $3.5 million is already built into the $120.375 million cap.

I've been told that the $3.5 million is already built into the $120.375 million cap.

You should drop by more often...really. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes