PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap $$ available, would you trade for Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Raiders obviously need to blow up their team and rebuild it. Pats have cap room space and a need at his position. Any chance management would try to acquire him. Haven't followed his actions lately, has he been behaving ? A 30 yr. old with a high cap # on a team going nowhere might be had for maybe a recently acquired first round draft pick.

RIP#40 said:
Raiders obviously need to blow up their team and rebuild it. Pats have cap room space and a need at his position. Any chance management would try to acquire him. Haven't followed his actions lately, has he been behaving ? A 30 yr. old with a high cap # on a team going nowhere might be had for maybe a recently acquired first round draft pick.

Why are you posting this crap?

RIP#40 said:

FYI, he was on ESPN before the first game of the doubleheader last night in a taped interview whining (with a smile on his face) that Art Shell has too many rules and isn't treating the players like grown men.

No thank you.

On the evidence of last night, with the cap space we have available we could probably take Moss, Aaron Brooks and the entire Raiders O Line.

I'd take him. Why the hell not? Brady's never had a receiver like that before. Take the guy for a year or two, dangle a ring under his nose. Who knows what happens?

Well, I guess we all know. Randy Moss ain't coming here. ;)

I see this as the least likely trade we could possibly make.

Jerry Porter is already not playing and being an idiot......... he will leave their team soon.

there is no way in hell they would also part with Randy Moss.

Who would play Receiver??? Curry and that other Stiff?

RIP#40 said:

My Opinion.

I give up our 2 first rounders next year and get him today.

Unlike others, I don't think Moss is that big a headcase as he is made out to be.

We get Moss, injuries aside, we are assured a Super Bowl for the duration of his remaininig contract.

That being said, luckily the Pats aren't impulsive tools like me and have a much longer term view of things, and look to keep the team competitive over the next 10 years rather than just the next 2 or 3.

Digger44 said:
Why are you posting this crap?

This is a discussion board isn't it? I'm not posting it as a rumor, I'm asking a question. Maybe you have faith in a rookie WR that has not caught a single NFL pass (pre season included), and a castoff from maybe the leagues worst team, but I don't. We need a play maker at WR, if we don't get one Brady will not last 16 games.

Moss wants to win, much as Dillon at Cinci. He also puts fans in the seats. Oakland can't afford to lose him. But if we could, I'd trade for him in a heartbeat.

Moss would have us remembering the days of Fryar and of Morgan.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
FYI, he was on ESPN before the first game of the doubleheader last night in a taped interview whining (with a smile on his face) that Art Shell has too many rules and isn't treating the players like grown men.

No thank you.

Yes, I agree: no, thank you, but let me quote Box who was watching the Raiders/Chargers game last night when he was confronted here that he would root for Moss if he was on the Pats,

'I'm just cranky enough to not appreciate slimey people, no matter how talented they are.'

Couldn't agree more.

No flippin' way.

mgteich said:
Moss wants to win, much as Dillon at Cinci. He also puts fans in the seats. Oakland can't afford to lose him. But if we could, I'd trade for him in a heartbeat.

You're probably right about the Fryar part.

I can definitely see him leaving games early, getting out onto Route 1 and crashing his car into a tree while the game is still in progress.

mgteich said:

No, thanks. I like the current era just fine.

Keegs said:
there is no way in hell they would also part with Randy Moss.

Who would play Receiver??? Curry and that other Stiff?

Who is playing WR for the Pats? Bam F'n Childress is the #3 WR as of now. Troy Brown is #1. I love all Troy has done for the Pats, but get real, he should be a #5 situational WR at best.

I would trade for him in a minute, but it depends what we give up.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about Moss. Yes, he doesn't always behave and his mistakes in the past are well documented. But in this society I think a lot of people see a young African-American male with a big mouth and crazy hair and automatically say no.

I have seen this guy go out of his way to give his touchdown balls to mentally handicapped kids. I have seen the way he relates to less fortunate people overall and I honestly believe he has a good heart. He's just a young man who has a problem with authority. How many of us fall into that boat?

Would I want him for our two first rounders? No. But a first and a third? Absolutely.

There aren't many trades in the NFL?

Why? Because in most situtations the salary cap implications of NFL contracts make trades untenable. So, whenever a fan proposes a trade, he should first look at the contract and its implications.

As I understand it, Moss has two huge "poison pill" balloon payments due on his contract starting at the end of this year. If he does not renegotiate, the Raiders will be forced to cut him.

Those same balloon payments make it difficult to trade for him. Unless he were to renegotiate in conjunction with a trade, you would only be getting him for one season and then forced to cut him.

Clonamery said:
'I'm just cranky enough to not appreciate slimey people, no matter how talented they are.'

Couldn't agree more.

I bet he rooted for Ty Law (drugs and liar), Dave Meggett(List too long) Ted Johnson (wife beater) , didn't Ben Coates have a local girl friend while his wife was home with the kids? Did he root for Larry Bird after he heard he ignored his daughter? Spare me the moral BS.

Ichiro said:
I have seen the way he relates to less fortunate people overall and I honestly believe he has a good heart. He's just a young man who has a problem with authority.

Unfortunately, the New England Patriots locker room is a lousy place to have a problem with authority.

I'm not anti-Moss, but I really don't see this happening.

Moderators, is there any way we can get an automatic block and lock on any thread or post that contains Randy Moss?

I know,you can add Randy Moss to the dirty word list, like **** or ****.

This is about the 10th thread in the last month about trading for Moss. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Moderators, is there any way we can get an automatic block and lock on any thread or post that contains Randy Moss?

I know,you can add Randy Moss to the dirty word list, like **** or ****.

This is about the 10th thread in the last month about trading for Moss. Enough is enough.
But if they do trade for Moss, you owe me an Egg McMuffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing