Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cap and Trade Map

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jun 24, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +880 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]

http://www.nma.org/pdf/061909_2454_map.pdf

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -9

I dunno about that map but if this is a Matt Cassel thread...
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Being a Californian, this looks good for me - but I'm still against it because it's BULL.

The Wall Street Journal talks about how the low cost estimates are off :

The Cap and Tax Fiction - WSJ.com

And CBS reminds us how Congress doesn't even read these big bills, let alone understand them :

Will Congress Read Bills Before Voting? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

They're trying to ram through one of the biggest pieces of legislation in a heck of a long time under the cover of dark.

The only Democrat who has any self respect here is PatritotsReign who still likes obama in some ways but is willing to say "uh, this is BS" when he sees something he doesn't like. The rest of you Dems would cut your nuts off if obama told you too.
  4. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is the biggest tax bill of our generation, and it's amazing to me how little it's being talked about! Call your representatives and ask them what the projection is for small businesses failing due to added tax burden. What "special interest" groups are going to reap 85% of these revenues, instead of it going back into our Treasury? There's just two questions that aren't in the forefront of our media!
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +184 / 4 / -6

Your post links to "The National Mining Association, the official voice of the American mining industry in Washington, D.C." Do you think they might be just a tad biased?
  6. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cap and Trade is the biggest bunch of sh!t yet. The government already admits it will cost every consumer over the years. The numbers they give are bull sh!t. It will cost far more. This will be the largest tax ever given to the American people.

Here is more Bull sh!t. Analysis by the Environmental Protection Agency shows that a 60 percent reduction in carbon-dioxide emissions by 2050 will reduce global temperature by 0.1 to 0.2 degree Centigrade by 2095. If I stopped farting I could accomplish this alone.

Buying credits for emmissions? Seriously? F'ing Seriously? Then we are told that the money will be given back in tax credits. Seriously? They can't stop stealing from Medicare and Social Security and we should believe them on this?

By the way, do a little reading and find out how GE and Enron have affected this nice little Cap and Trade Bill. If you think this will be good for the country your kids will find out you were very wrong.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +184 / 4 / -6

While cap and trade isn't perfect, it's a good compromise between nations. Considering how difficult it is to get the Democrats and Republicans to agree, getting the world to agree to something is even more of a challenge. But, in the optimistic case, it will lead to:

- End of dependence on foreign oil
    - Cleaner air
    - Slow down global warming (whatever the cause)
    - Thousands of new jobs in alternative energy and its development
    - Technologies that can exported and sold around the world
    - A stronger stock market when people invest in alternative energy
    - Better health for our kids who will be breathing cleaner air

It seems likely that in the short run, it will cost us more, though not nearly as much as the doom and gloom righties say. In the medium term, as alternative energy solutions are created and rolled out, the prices will drop and maybe energy will actually cost us less. In the long term, we should have a vibrant business sector that generates income from wherever cap and trade is used. I think the US is best positioned to develop and market new technologies, so cap and trade could be a major boon to our econmy in the longer term.
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

So my taxes are going up on Natural gas, Electric, Fuel, Tobacco, Alcohol and health Insurance. Wait, we make under 250k, I was "promised" that we weren't getting a tax increase.

LIAR!

[​IMG]
  9. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Climate Change Climate Change
    The number of skeptics is swelling everywhere.

Getting back to reality, the only concensus that is growing globally is that this man-made global warming issue is just one giant scam.

- Will not eliminate our reliance on foreign oil
    - Will do very little to clean the air
    - Will have no affect on global warming (they'll need to stick a thermostat on the sun for that)
    - Will destroy millions of private-sector jobs
    - Will extend the recession for years
    - Will create a new market, a false economy, that is basically controlled by the government
    - Will reduce our GDP substantially and reduce our status as an economic superpower
    - Will increase the cost of everything you buy, not just increase your electric bill
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Do you even think before you type ?

How can you say slow down global warming (whatever the cause) ? What if c02 isn't the cause, why would it slow global warming ?

A stronger stock market ? The "investment" in alternative energy will be minimal compared to the dulling of earnings and profits.

Better health for our kids ? More like more debt for our kids.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

House Democrats win key test vote on climate bill

I can't wait to see the reaction when energy bills go up and the cost of products does too.

In other words, it would force a shift from proven energy to unproven, not even developed energy. Good thinking :rolleyes: