PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't we appreciate ALL our recievers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
**edit: this post should be titled "can't we appreciate BOTH Welker and Moss?"**

Why is it that everytime Welker has a 12 catch game, or everytime Moss catches 3 deep balls heinous discussions arise on this board? Why is it that there is a camp that says "Well, Welker catches 12 balls and is a total freak so that means that Moss dogs it and hates football" and another equally idiotic camp that says "Without Moss, Welker is a scrub"? How difficult is it for people to grasp this very simple concept: they play different positions. Wide reciever is not a position in football. Let me say that again, wide reciever is not a position in football.

People think Moss dogs it. No, he plays a position where you are running a 40 yard dash for 60 snaps a game after fighting off a jam. He also happens to have a quarterback who hasn't learned the timing and touch of the deep ball yet. You guys really want our least agile reciever running drags?

People think without Moss Welker would be a JAG. They think he's just a scrappy little guy. I really wish EEI or something with equal audience would speak more about just how special Welker is. People really have no clue the kind of Y this guy is. I have said it at least 10 times on this site and I will say it again, he is the best slot reciever I have ever seen in my life. I think he is on track to be the greatest at his position, ever. He's not a flanker, he's not a split end, he is a slot reciever and he is the best slot this generation has ever seen.

Phew. Decaf, Jay, decaf. Just an appeal here. Can we please just appreciate our players for what they are and converse intelligently about it? Is it really that difficult to actually think about what you say? To actually watch the games? We have the best split end in the league and the best slot in the league and we should be tremendously appreciative of this fact. Period.

Last edited:
People think Moss dogs it. No, he plays a position where you are running a 40 yard dash for 60 snaps a game after fighting off a jam.

And people wonder why he doesn't sprint down the field on every single play. :rolleyes:

I have said it at least 10 times on this site and I will say it again, he is the best slot reciever I have ever seen in my life. I think he is on track to be the greatest at his position, ever. He's not a flanker, he's not a split end, he is a slot reciever and he is the best slot this generation has ever seen.

Preaching to the choir here. :) Seriously, though, keep in mind he was Miami's #1 receiver in 2006, and that was with QBs none of whom were even as good as Cassel, and no Moss to help drag the defenses downfield. . . . and his play has gotten better here in NE.

And this needed a separate thread?:snob:

Last edited:
Well put Jays! I second everything you've said.

How about a different solution, how about we just ban people who post crap "Moss sucks, Moss doesn't care, Moss doesn't put forth the effort. Welker is just good because of Moss, blah blah".

Why is it that everytime Welker has a 12 catch game, or everytime Moss catches 3 deep balls heinous discussions arise on this board? Why is it that there is a camp that says "Well, Welker catches 12 balls and is a total freak so that means that Moss dogs it and hates football" and another equally idiotic camp that says "Without Moss, Welker is a scrub"?

If you're taking my thread prompting a discussion of whether Moss' presence helps Welker to be the "idiotic thread" you've idiotically misinterpreted as "Without Moss, Welker is a scrub" then, well, for lack of a better term - you're an idiot.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-how-much-does-moss-presence-help-welker.html

Last edited:
Actually, I appreciate your thread start. Sorry if my tone came off as coming after you, but it's actually the farthest thing from the truth. I am more so disapointed by good threads such as yours becoming polluted by the knee-jerk reactions.

Both guys are great players and give the best. Moss is unable to do what he does best with him and Cassel not having the timing down. Welker moves the chains Moss gets the TD on the jump balls in the end zone. They compliment each other perfectly teams have to double one of them most of the time it's Moss so Welker gets 7 catches a game however I doubt Welker could make the play Moss did on Ty Law with the game on the line. We need them both to play they both open it up for Faulk too who doesn't always get enough credit for what he does as our 3rd receiver.

**edit: this post should be titled "can't we appreciate BOTH Welker and Moss?"**

Why is it that everytime Welker has a 12 catch game, or everytime Moss catches 3 deep balls heinous discussions arise on this board? Why is it that there is a camp that says "Well, Welker catches 12 balls and is a total freak so that means that Moss dogs it and hates football" and another equally idiotic camp that says "Without Moss, Welker is a scrub"? How difficult is it for people to grasp this very simple concept: they play different positions. Wide reciever is not a position in football. Let me say that again, wide reciever is not a position in football.

People think Moss dogs it. No, he plays a position where you are running a 40 yard dash for 60 snaps a game after fighting off a jam. He also happens to have a quarterback who hasn't learned the timing and touch of the deep ball yet. You guys really want our least agile reciever running drags?

People think without Moss Welker would be a JAG. They think he's just a scrappy little guy. I really wish EEI or something with equal audience would speak more about just how special Welker is. People really have no clue the kind of Y this guy is. I have said it at least 10 times on this site and I will say it again, he is the best slot reciever I have ever seen in my life. I think he is on track to be the greatest at his position, ever. He's not a flanker, he's not a split end, he is a slot reciever and he is the best slot this generation has ever seen.

Phew. Decaf, Jay, decaf. Just an appeal here. Can we please just appreciate our players for what they are and converse intelligently about it? Is it really that difficult to actually think about what you say? To actually watch the games? We have the best split end in the league and the best slot in the league and we should be tremendously appreciative of this fact. Period.

Have you forgotten these are New England sports fans? You simply CANT like one player without trashing the other, otherwise, you would be a positive person, and that simply gets one ah beatin in tha pahkin lot. ;)

Last edited:
People get spoiled, just be glad we don't have Ricochet "The Stare" Caldwell dropping balls all over the place.

Honestly, Moss reminds me a lot of Manny Ramirez. Hear me out. Despite what you think of Ramirez's personality, he has an amazing sense of what is going on on the field. He doesn't have the hussle on some plays, because he "knows" what is happening... balls hit to him (or over him) in the outfield, hitting balls out of the park, seeing the ball out of the pitcher's hand etc. They see things just a little quicker than everyone else. That's the only way I know how to say it. Just like we don't need BB to impress us, we don't need Randy to either. He will get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes