PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cant wait to see the Bears D bury Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Earlier i was watching TV and i couldnt believe it, but Manning was in another commercial. Every time i see his face in another commercial the more i cant wait to see the Bears D bury him. This guy has become more commercial than his commercials. To me if your plastering yourself all over TV, and still havent won a Championship, then you dont deserve one. Real champs dont go plastering themselves all over the place. It seems like he is actually being deperate just for people to notice him. He would do a commercial for Tampax if the price was right, because we all know how much of a girl he is. I just cant wait to see Mannings head get burried deep into the turf. I want to see him get hit play after play until he dont get up. I wish him the worst game of his career. I cant wait to see him cry. I want to see Manning cry like we made Hines Ward cry. Manning will only be known as the commercial guy, because thats all he is..........................the commercial guy.

Dude the Bears most likely will be out of it by halftime.............They can't score enough points to be a real threat. I wish you were right but the NFC is clearly inferior to the AFC.

Last edited:
Urlacher will need a Hall Of Fame type game for the Bears to even sniff a chance to win in the 4th quarter - He can be a deciding factor of Peyton's success or failure and he will need all he got and more to give the D hope to contain him somewhat,He is their best player on defense by far now that Tommie Harris is out.

Don't count on it, the Bears are friggin done.

You sound just like a Rams fan about this time six years ago.

Naw, I don't think so. Grossman and Brady are worlds apart and that is and was the difference.

Naw, I don't think so. Grossman and Brady are worlds apart and that is and was the difference.

You miss the point entirely.

On any given Sunday anything can happen. We see that each and every Sunday.

And actually, the tone between of year's Super Bowl and that Super Bowl are quite similar. One team will dominate with ease why the other hasn't a snowball's chance in hell. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the big deal about Peyton Manning being in so many commercials. People act like he's goes up to big companies begging them to put him on television.

Manning is marketable, plain and simple. People know who he is. I've heard more than one girl say her favorite team was the Colts because she thought Manning was hot. (I've heard the same for the Patriots and Brady)

What do championships have to do with it?

Mastercard CEO: Peyton, good to see you. Listen, we think you'd be great for our new ad campain. Our research shows that you are the #1 most recognizable player in the league. If you sign with us, you'll make $20 million over the next four years.

Peyton: Sorry, I'll pass. I haven't won a title yet, it just wouldn't be right. Would you like Trent Dilfer's cell phone number?

Again, Manning sells, nothing else matters. If he never wins a title, it doesn't matter.

As for his commercials, yeah, a couple of them are getting old but no more than any other commercial that gets played a lot. At this point, I would probably kill whoever came up with the "This is Our Country" Chevrolet commercials if I saw him in person. However,

1. I haven't seen a commercial of his yet that wasn't funny.
2. None of the commercials are of him procraiming football greatness as if he's won 7 titles already.
3. Most importantly, no one could convince me otherwise that 99.9% of the Patriot fan base wouldn't think that each and every commercial that Manning has done was the greatest thing ever had Tom Brady done them.

I say get over it. The Olsen twins made themselves rich beyond rich before they were even 18 by making 1,742 cheesy straight-to-video movies and having their own clothes line, all because they were cute when they were 3. More power to them, more power to Peyton.

I really don't understand the big deal about Peyton Manning being in so many commercials. People act like he's goes up to big companies begging them to put him on television.

Manning is marketable, plain and simple. People know who he is. I've heard more than one girl say her favorite team was the Colts because she thought Manning was hot. (I've heard the same for the Patriots and Brady)

Mastercard CEO: Peyton, good to see you. Listen, we think you'd be great for our new ad campain. Our research shows that you are the #1 most recognizable player in the league. If you sign with us, you'll make $20 million over the next four years.

Peyton: Sorry, I'll pass. I haven't won a title yet, it just wouldn't be right. Would you like Trent Dilfer's cell phone number?

Again, Manning sells, nothing else matters. If he never wins a title, it doesn't matter.

As for his commercials, yeah, a couple of them are getting old but no more than any other commercial that gets played a lot. At this point, I would probably kill whoever came up with the "This is Our Country" Chevrolet commercials if I saw him in person. However,

2. None of the commercials are of him procraiming football greatness as if he's won 7 titles already.
3. Most importantly, no one could convince me otherwise that 99.9% of the Patriot fan base wouldn't think that each and every commercial that Manning has done was the greatest thing ever had Tom Brady done them.

I say get over it. The Olsen twins made themselves rich beyond rich before they were even 18 by making 1,742 cheesy straight-to-video movies and having their own clothes line, all because they were cute when they were 3. More power to them, more power to Peyton.

Great post. I mean, whats he supposed to do? "Gee, I really shouldn't, you should take all that money and give it to T.O, or Me-shawn, or Shawne Roid-mann. They'd all make GREAT spokesmen."

Face it, Manning and Brady are the FACE of the NFL, whether the Manning haters like it or not. And the rivalry between them is just icing on the cake(those first few years, it WASN'T much of a rivalry, what with us losing every freakin year).

But, with Peyton and the Colts winning the last couple of games, one in historic fashion in front of a national audience, they've made it a better rivalry. Which is good for all of us NFL fans.

I've heard more than one girl say her favorite team was the Colts because she thought Manning was hot.

Do they say that over the phone or via e-mail? Because any woman who would think Peyton is "hot" apparently doesn't get out much. :confused:

Great post. I mean, whats he supposed to do? "Gee, I really shouldn't, you should take all that money and give it to T.O, or Me-shawn, or Shawne Roid-mann. They'd all make GREAT spokesmen."

Face it, Manning and Brady are the FACE of the NFL, whether the Manning haters like it or not. And the rivalry between them is just icing on the cake(those first few years, it WASN'T much of a rivalry, what with us losing every freakin year).
I still don't get it. I have nothing against Peyton (well, as long as he isn't throwing someone under the bus) but he has an annoying voice and he is pretty average looking. Why don't we see Derek Jeter in 2 million ads a week? He has it all over Peyton in what it should take for TV commercials. Can't believe I spent this time typing this. :confused:

Dude the Bears most likely will be out of it by halftime.............They can't score enough points to be a real threat. I wish you were right but the NFC is clearly inferior to the AFC.

I know theres a lot of wishfull thinking on my part, but you never know. The Colts arent familiar with the Bears. This could be just like when we faced the Rams in our first superbowl. Not one person had the Pats to win, besides us fans. I totally agree how the NFC is much weaker than the AFC, but it is football.

Maybe you find his commercials amusing, but i dont. I think there plainly stupid. He"s like a bad song that keeps getting over played on the radio.

You sound just like a Rams fan about this time six years ago.

My thoughts exactly. I look at this game and I see a Chicago team that is clearly feeling disrespected. I think they are really going to go after Manning and the Colts in general. I'm not sure they will win but I suspect they are going to be really fired up for this one and I don't think the Colts will blow them away. They have a great D and a pretty good Offence when it clicks. Don't count them out.

The Bears have a chance. They are good at ripping the ball away. I have seen Dominic Rhodes, Marvin Harrison and reggie Wayne carry the ball very weakly, and no matter what Dungy tells them about preparing for attempts to rip the ball away, there's no way you can do it. lovie Smith reminds me of Raymond Berry in the way he taught his team to rip the ball away from the opponent.

The Bears need 3 fumble recoveries to win and/or stay close.

Granted, that's a longshot, but it's not as long as some here think.

I predict at least 3 fumbles for the Colts, with 2 Bear recoveries.

As for manning and commercials, I think he should reprise the incident from when he was back at Tennessee and he thought it was funny when he teabagged a female trainer in the face. That was hilarious. I'm sure America would love to see that. He's a great guy, isn't he?

Of course, Dad had money and could afford to pay the woman off, otherwise we'd have old PAYton with a marketability quotient of ZERO.

Can Rex Grossman be good enough to beat the Colts?

Can Rex Grossman be good enough to beat the Colts?

I think so. The Colts have been getting praised by there ability to stop the run in the playoffs. They really havent faced a team with a good run game, yet. The bears have a better run game than us, and the ravens. With the Colts stacking up to try and stop Chicago from running all over them, will allow Rex and his passing game to open up. The Bears D is going to come out pumped like ever before. Manning will get picked off. The Bears will force turnovers. Colts lose.

Chicago has to love this.There's hardly no one on the planet that's giving them a chance to win.All week you''ll hear ESPN talk about Manning and how great he is.Then you''ll also hear them talk about how horrible Rex Grossman is.I believe this game will be closer than a lot of people think.I'm not watching the SB this year.I''ll read the newspaper first thing Monday mornig.

I think so. The Colts have been getting praised by there ability to stop the run in the playoffs. .

um, KC?

i seem to remember many a prediction that the pats were gonna run rough-shod over the poor colts d. since that was the general expectation here, i would assume you thought your running game was plenty good. no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes