PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cant spell Elite without ELI? more like Eliminated without ELI

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off, kudos to Eli on helping the gmen in winning two SBs . . .but i am not so sure that i can put him in the status of elite . . . i would take Big Ben over Eli . . .

i had a friend of mine tell me at the start of the season that Eli was the best QB in the league and that he has surpassed Brady . . . i disagree with him at the time and still do . . .

i too was trouble by all of the eli the best talk from all of the talking heads at the start of the season . . . is Eli a great QB, yes, is he elite (presuming the word elite means the top 15-20% of a group, so top 6 qbs), then no i do not put him in that group . . .

the gmen's D is one of the best, admittedly the Gmen were lucky in those two runs, as we were in 2001 . . . but the key is, what did the team and the QB do outside of those SBs wins . . . and Eli really has not separated himself outside of those two runs . . .

since 2005 he has the most ints

the records are

2007 - 10-6
2008 - 12-4
2009 - 10-6, missed playoffs
2010 - 8-8, missed playoffs
2011 -9-7
2012 - 9-7, missed playoffs . . .

true they won two SBs, and i think they were the best team in football from dec 2007-dec2008, but outside of that they are a 500 middle of the road team, they were lucky to have played romo in december twice last year and the imploding jets, helping them to 9-7, this year 9-7 was not enough as the nfc east was a tad stronger . . .

so yes two good runs, with some luck, and they took advantage of the luck, but outside of that, the gmen and eli are middle of the road . . .

first off, kudos to Eli on helping the gmen in winning two SBs . . .but i am not so sure that i can put him in the status of elite . . . i would take Big Ben over Eli . . .

i had a friend of mine tell me at the start of the season that Eli was the best QB in the league and that he has surpassed Brady . . . i disagree with him at the time and still do . . .

i too was trouble by all of the eli the best talk from all of the talking heads at the start of the season . . . is Eli a great QB, yes, is he elite (presuming the word elite means the top 15-20% of a group, so top 6 qbs), then no i do not put him in that group . . .

the gmen's D is one of the best, admittedly the Gmen were lucky in those two runs, as we were in 2001 . . . but the key is, what did the team and the QB do outside of those SBs wins . . . and Eli really has not separated himself outside of those two runs . . .

since 2005 he has the most ints

the records are

2007 - 10-6
2008 - 12-4
2009 - 10-6, missed playoffs
2010 - 8-8, missed playoffs
2011 -9-7
2012 - 9-7, missed playoffs . . .

true they won two SBs, and i think they were the best team in football from dec 2007-dec2008, but outside of that they are a 500 middle of the road team, they were lucky to have played romo in december twice last year and the imploding jets, helping them to 9-7, this year 9-7 was not enough as the nfc east was a tad stronger . . .

so yes two good runs, with some luck, and they took advantage of the luck, but outside of that, the gmen and eli are middle of the road . . .

extremely well put my friend :rocker:

Settle down Chowderhead.

The Giants played a much tougher schedule this season than your Patsies. At least you should be thrilled, you don't have to worry about Eli beating your Golden Boy for a 3rd time (post Spygate) in the Super Bowl.

How does that feel btw? Having your perfect 19-0 season ruined? Seeing 19-0 Patriot T-shirts in random African villages?

Being in the same division as Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatick and Ryan Tannehill, MAN that must be rough.

Arthur Spooner - So long douche - YouTube

Settle down Chowderhead.

The Giants played a much tougher schedule this season than your Patsies. At least you should be thrilled, you don't have to worry about Eli beating your Golden Boy for a 3rd time (post Spygate) in the Super Bowl.

How does that feel btw? Having your perfect 19-0 season ruined? Seeing 19-0 Patriot T-shirts in random African villages?

Being in the same division as Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatick and Ryan Tannehill, MAN that must be rough.

Go cry to your ELIminated team and watch why Tom is elite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to nitpick, but the four Boston sports teams actually have 7 titles:

Patriots: 3
Red Sox: 2
Celtics: 1
Bruins: 1

Counting hockey? Really?

Everyone's elite now-a-days... Flacco - ELITE, Rivers - ELITE, Cutler - ELITE, Stafford - ELITE, Ryan - ELITE. Being called elite used to mean something.

Meanwhile, Tony Romo is the worst quarterback ev4r despite a 96.1 career passer rating and a chance at a 5000 yard season tonight.

Ryan e-LitEAF

Eli is good, but not elite. The Giants defense was elite. Now...not so much.

Settle down Chowderhead.

bigblue, just by showing up it shows how hurt you really are. Good. You should be. Your team failed and has let you down immensely. You'll have plenty of time to think about it and let is fester, and it's obvious that it will. Trash talk all you like, but it won't change the fact that this year there won't be any miracle catches to save your day. The more crap you talk, the angrier and more let down you are. And by extension, the happier Pats Fans are (aside from the fact we're in the playoffs yet again!).

You are amusing. Keep talking!

Eli is Eliminated... LMAO! Best thing i heard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back