PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't go to the Stadium? Your local theatre may be showing ALL Pats games for FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can't go to the Stadium? Your local theatre may be showing ALL Pats games for FRE

The NFL will be shutting this down unless permission has been granted.

Re: Can't go to the Stadium? Your local theatre may be showing ALL Pats games for FRE

Why would the NFL shut it down? It's just like showing the game in a bar, but with a bigger screen.

Well the NFL did crack down on Super Bowl parties in Vegas. The restrictions were that they can't charge admission and maximum on TV size. This one is free so they're okay there and sports bars are not subject to TV size. Plus I'd like to think that these guys made sure it would not be prohibited before announcing it.

The NFL will be shutting this down unless permission has been granted.

Ohh... so it's "expressed written permission"...

All this trme I've thought implied oral permission was ok!

Last edited:

Don't they have a place in Milford, MA called "The Strand" where you can watch games every weekend in a theatre? Doubt its free, but I imagine its still a copyright concern.

Last edited:

Smitty's Cinemas have been doing tat for quite a while. Game is free and they hope you by beer and food. So, it's like a sports bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back