PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Candidate for Dumbest Mock of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In the tradition of "anyone with a computer can post a mock for all to see," look at this one I just found, at http://www.hailredskins.com/Draft/FentMock.htm :

"New England trades Rd 1 (21), Rd 2 (53), and Rd 2 (’07) to Buffalo for Rd 1 (8)"

Now you might be asking, who is it so important for us to get that we'd give away two years' worth of 2nd Rounders to move up 13 spots in Round 1? The answer....

"8. New England (from Buffalo) – Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
This team has a lot of holes all of the sudden, but none can be filled so well as Ngata playing NT in their 3-4."

Maybe if we throw in Wilfork we could get one of those 2nd Round picks back! That way we'd downgrade our defense, while only losing our 1st and 2nd Round picks. :bricks:

Ha! That's laughable. We're going to trade our first to picks this year and our first two picks next year for the number four pick and draft Leinhart. Isn't is obvious? I mean, this team has lots of holes, but none can be filled so well as Leinhart playing QB.

I haven't seen any medical reports about his knee lately, but if it's healthy I will say this. He is one space eating, filthy and nasty NT. HE couldn't get a sack even if someone put one in his easter basket, but when it comes to run defense, he's a load. Tough to move.
I'd rather see Buffalo take Cutler at #8.

Ochmed Jones said:
I haven't seen any medical reports about his knee lately, but if it's healthy I will say this. He is one space eating, filthy and nasty NT. HE couldn't get a sack even if someone put one in his easter basket, but when it comes to run defense, he's a load. Tough to move.
I'd rather see Buffalo take Cutler at #8.

I've got them pegged for Vernon Davis.

I can see a guy like Vernon Davis scaring DCs around the league, what SS can keep up with that guy???? In the right system Davis could be scary.

Ochmed Jones said:
I can see a guy like Vernon Davis scaring DCs around the league, what SS can keep up with that guy???? In the right system Davis could be scary.

Like the Pats, perhaps? Maybe NEM's idea of a five-TE offense isn't so far-fetched after all (Pats could easily do four, Vrabel-Graham-Watson-Davis). . . . :)

ctpatsfan77 said:
Like the Pats, perhaps? Maybe NEM's idea of a five-TE offense isn't so far-fetched after all (Pats could easily do four, Vrabel-Graham-Watson-Davis). . . . :)
Don't forget Hochstein! You know NEM wouldn't. :rolleyes:

shakadave said:
In the tradition of "anyone with a computer can post a mock for all to see," look at this one I just found, at http://www.hailredskins.com/Draft/FentMock.htm :

"New England trades Rd 1 (21), Rd 2 (53), and Rd 2 (’07) to Buffalo for Rd 1 (8)"

Now you might be asking, who is it so important for us to get that we'd give away two years' worth of 2nd Rounders to move up 13 spots in Round 1? The answer....

"8. New England (from Buffalo) – Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
This team has a lot of holes all of the sudden, but none can be filled so well as Ngata playing NT in their 3-4." :bricks:

OMG...That dude needs to change his Depends.

NYJ trades John Abraham to ATL for Michael Vick

You guys forgot this little nugget here. Even if that trade went down in a different way, even thinking that is a bit of a stretch, I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back