Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cancer Money

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +834 / 2 / -9

After watching Dick Cheney, McCain, Both Clintons, Pelosi (Grinning) George Bush (Illegal Aliens) Murderer Kennedy, Slinky Reid and many other of these immoral, sleezebag, back stabbing, sh!t bag politicians and probably many more just like them all over this world, I started thinking about Cancer.

A few weeks ago I was in Cambridge visiting an old friend, he has cancer, it is advanced and he will soon be gone. It so happened that during my visit he had an appointment for a Chemo treatment at the Dana Farber.
    My wife and I accompained him along with his wife, I had never been to the Dana Farber building, I like to snoop, while my friend was being treated I started to wander around this building to some of the places that I was allowed to enter, Jesus H Christ.

There must be a couple of thousand people employed here, there must be offices full of CEO's, the place was jammed with "Cancer Patients" there are places just like this all over America and The World.

I went back and sat down beside my Wife and my friends Wife and then I said to them "look around" my wife asked, "look at what you stupid bastard", I said "look at all these people, they all have Cancer" my wife said "no sh!t" my friends wife didn't say anything, I then said, "look at them all, don't you get it" my wife then said "for christ sake, shut up don't you realize these people are all dying" I said, "you bet your a$s I realize it and thats the point" my friends wife finally spoke, she said, "what".

I pointed out to them that through this building passed Billions of dollars daily, then I stood up and said as loudly as I could, "WHY THE F-CK WOULD YOU BASTARDS WANT TO FIND A CURE FOR CANCER" over a hundred people just silently stared at me, but some of them "got it" they then went back to reading their books.

CANCER IS BIG BUSINESS IF THEY DO FIND THE CURE OR MAYBE THEY ALREADY HAVE YOU WILL NEVER KNOW ABOUT IT, NOT WITH THE VERMIN WE HAVE RUNNING THE WORLD TODAY.

I'm not that bright so I can't remember this but have we ever had a President, a King or a Queen die of Cancer?

They blew it with the Salk Polio Vaccine, when Salk announced "he had the cure" all the Polio Clinics in the country shut down an hour later, the F-cking Bastards won't make that mistake again.

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't normally go for conspiracy theories, but I think you're right, and it's not just cancer. Why find a cure when you can have a life-long client? AIDS is even a bigger suspect, modern AIDS drugs can keep someone alive for almost as long as their natural lives would be anyway, but the drugs are VERY expensive and the person is, to say the least, a captive consumer. The only thing that makes me doubt this is that individual scientists would release a cure if they found it because of what it would do for their legacy.

In any case, why would you say that out loud, surrounded by dying people? You might be not be right, but hearing it is going to add to their suffering.

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Its another reason why cigarettes are still endorsed by our politicians.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

When I was in High School, my economics teacher always told us that there was a cure for cancer, and that it would never be made public. He said what Harry is saying now. At the time, I thought, we all thought, he was nuts. Now, as I've grown older, and more mature, I realize how true that all is. It's why I always cite objectivity, and criticize blind patronage. People, party's, and corporations, always have an agenda. Why would anyone want a cure when treatment is so profitable?

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 15 / -13

Harry, if that's really what you believe, you should be a leftist. Leftists have always been uncomfortable with the danger of profit as a motive. Further, when you get to the anti-globalization leftists, they don't trust government regulation either. They favor an economic system that's not driven by profit and a political system that has a very weak government. I think that might address your concerns. Dang it, Harry, you should be a Commie! :)

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

Why would anyone ever want to be left or right? Why not be yourself?

Profit has to be a factor, as do morals, or ethics if you prefer. I'm niether a fan, nor a proponant of globalization or government regulation. I feel that globalization is a eventuality, and is clearly evident in many markets, and also that regulations are sometimes a necessity, but who's over reach tarishes their value.

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

My brother-in-law once told me, a scientist at the Woods Hole Institute proclaimed a cure for cancer. That night his office burned down destroying all his research. I've searched for any story on it and was never able to find anything. I don't know if the story is true, but I think its conceivable.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +834 / 2 / -9

Pujo,
    I really didn't say it out loud, I just threw that in there, but I thought it loud enough for my wife to hear, she told me to shut my mouth and keep my crazy sh!t to myself, I told her "----------".

Patters,
    I have these communist thoughts once in awhile, "Legal Drugs" all drugs, is another thing, "Abortion" I think there should be an Abortion Clinic on every street corner in the world but not for late term, there are too damn many people in the world, sex in this day and age is as common as shaking hands, so the population has to be controlled, the kids are the ones that suffer, maybe some day they will have "Androids" we can have sex with and we can't knock them up, they won't give us any of that "headache sh!t" either, we can have a party and "Swap Androids" :singing:

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Another reason why the Weed is illegal.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

It's conceivable yes. I think most anything is conceivable. When you factor in the Billions and Billions of dollars treatment generates each year, well.....

11. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What's this? A cure for cancer may have already been discovered/invented. AIDS too? Common cold? Muscular dystrophy?
    Let's see now, Dana Farber and other institutions make a whole lot of money with their therapy services and AIDS clinics or whatever make a whole lot of money on their services. And let's not forget all those cold medicine products on the shelf at the supermarket. And then there's the Jerry Lewis telethon.
    Well. That's a whole lot of money to lose.

F*ck it! Don't tell anyone of the discoveries so we not only keep those cash cows going on but the cash cow that is research and development.

Because as everyone knows, the most important issue of our times....

.....it's the economy, stupid.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

This is the proverbial trickle down theory, more money more money, from the doctor's office, to the ER, Surgery Pavilion, Hospital and the treatment centers etc. Take a ride through providence, the sprawling RI Hospital etc. is incredible, if there is not a bldg. there is a parking lot. Every time I see a doctor, they order a new test.. medical stuff is big business and this cash cow is on a collision course with insurance. Things have gotten really out of hand, and unfortunately no one has the gonads to do anything about it.

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've got but two things to say here and then I'll bow out gracefully;

1) Harry's wife sure does cuss a lot for an older lady; and

2) This has to be one of the most bitter threads ever started here. Sometimes I wonder why some of y'all don't put a gun in your mouth considering the bleak world view you espouse here. The idea that tens of thousands of medical professionals, or even hundreds or even a few dozen, would all conspire to bury a cure for Cancer just to make another buck is ridiculous. People study medicine because of idealism. They study because they wanna save lives and ease suffering. Sure getting to live in a nice house in Weston is a decent perq; but its secondary.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +834 / 2 / -9

Look around at what's going on in this world, look at the gang Of Scum Bags we have running this country, Hospitals charge $10 for one aspirin, religous leaders are sodomizing little children, civilized people are beheading each other, we make national heros out of whores (Maddona Spears Rosie etc) after waking up in the morning and reading the daily news about "Human Beings" do you really believe that these bastards wouldn't "Bury A Cure"?

15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

I don't buy this conspiracy crap. Just like I know the LAPD didn't set up OJ because TOO MANY people would have to know with only one needing to come out and say something, it's the same here.

16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 15 / -13

I don't buy it either, but out of curiosity, do you buy the conspiracy crap that thousands of scientists around the world are banding together to lie about the human contribution and dangers of global warming?

17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

I don't pay enough attention to know what percent of scientists feel that way or whether it's just the "sky is falling" gang that speaks up.

I also do know, though, that the experts aren't always right. For instance I know that high protein, high fat, low carb diets do cause you to lose weight and for all your blood numbers to improve. I also know that, at most, 10% of nutritionists are willing to admit it. Sometimes they're just wrong.

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +834 / 2 / -9

I have never said that the Cancer thing was fact but think about it and look around at some of the other things that human beings will do for money and power.

Drugs will never be legal, not because these rat bastards are worried about little Johnny becoming hooked, they are afraid of losing all that Illegal MONEY, from the Beat Cop right up to the scummy f-cking US Senators and Crooked Judges.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's amazing how some righties are so conveniently selective when it comes to wacky conspiracy theories.... yet blast people for other conspiracies that don't jibe with their idealism...

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

It's not the doctors and medical people who we feel might be conspiring, it's the CEO's of the pharmacutical companies. All we're saying in here is that there is less intent on a cure versus a treatment. Do you think Pfizer wants cancer treatments that last a lifetime, or a cure that you can only sell once?