PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you say Rebuild mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Quite possibly that is what the Pats are doing with the cap space... And retooling through the draft... Maybee that is BB and Sp plan?? Who knows, I can hear all the doubters now...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Quite possibly that is what the Pats are doing with the cap space... And retooling through the draft... Maybee that is BB and Sp plan?? Who knows, I can hear all the doubters now...

"Rebuild" may be too strong of a word, don't you think?
Willie, Givens and Adam - 3 guys.

We've lost one significant starter, a kicker and some role players/mediocre starters. That doesn't define rebuilding to me.

A 1st place team w/ 20 mill in cap space and 9 draft picks should not have to rebuild.

BelichickFan said:
We've lost one significant starter, a kicker and some role players/mediocre starters. That doesn't define rebuilding to me.

a starting outside LB and #2 reciever are not role players.

Besides, Colvin and Harrison, name me one major FA acquistion. Vrabel is the epitome of the cheap, hidden gem FA we sign.

I think it is more like how it has always been, "Can you say, draft mode?"

Brady -- draft
Sey -- draft
Branch -- draft
and on and on it goes.

R_T26 said:
a starting outside LB and #2 reciever are not role players.
Givens was the significant starter I referred to. McGinest, I don't consider a major loss until we wake up at the end of training camp without 4 good starting LB. Whether it's an OLB or an ILB with Vrabel moving back outside, and whether it's a guy from the team or outside, with our DL and Vrabel, Colvin and Bruschi, I think we'll plug a 4th LB in without a big problem.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

Rebuild isn't the right word. Re-tooling is probably a little closer to the mark. We probably won't win a SB next year, but it's clear BB is trying to get Branch/Seymour re-upped and then try to find younger, cheaper and hopefully better players to fill the spots where we have had losses. That's not particularly pleasant at times like this but could pay off big in 2007 and beyond.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
We won't win a SB next year
A little early to be saying that isn't it ?

:confused:

BelichickFan said:
A little early to be saying that isn't it ?

:confused:

Actually, it's too early to say either way which is why i edited the post to say probably won't win one next year. But regardless, the larger point of the post which you selectively ignored was that BB's vision for this team is to get younger and better and that's going to pay off down the road. No?

And to be honest, no I don't think this team in its current state is a SB team. The key words being current state. A lot can chage in six months. A lot can stay the same. I began to feel the same way midway through last season and well, we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
And to be honest, no I don't think this team in its current state is a SB team. The key words being current state. A lot can chage in six months. A lot can stay the same. I began to feel the same way midway through last season and well, we all know how that turned out.

Well no duh, when have they? We still have plenty of FAs and the draft. Hold your horses people, good lord.

BionicPatriot said:
Well no duh, when have they? We still have plenty of FAs and the draft. Hold your horses people, good lord.

Where is this abundant crop of FAs you mention? Looking at my list, it would seem a lot of guys who would have fit in here who WEREN'T big names have already been signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back