PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you Imagine the Ratings If/When We Play the Colts Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Can you just fathom the ratings if and when we meet the Colts again this year, in either a divisional playoff, or in the AFC Championship. Not only will it be THE most watched football game, possibly in history, but it may be in the top 3 of most watched television EVENTS in history. I mean, its all set up for that, especially after we knock New Orleans from the rank of undefeateds.

Talk about drama. Its kind of the Patriots/Giants regular season vs. playoff games in reverse, where this year we're the Giants of '07, and the Colts are the Patriots of '07. We know how that one ended.

Think about it. Is it fate? Will we arrive in Indy wearing black? Too, too many parallels to ignore.

QB12

If it is a Pats/Colts AFCCG, it will be bigger than the Super Bowl.

If it is a Pats/Colts AFCCG, it will be bigger than the Super Bowl.

I'm with you. That's what I'm talking about, and CBS will absolutely love it.

QB12

I'm with you. That's what I'm talking about, and CBS will absolutely love it.

QB12

I can imagine the pregame hype, and the pregame promos on CBS before the game, and the intro.

Forget about that for now though. Time to smoke the Jest.

it's probably going to happen, revenge is due

No question.

Pats/Colts AFCCC 2007- 28.1 share
Bears/Colts SB 2007-32.1 share (highest-rated SB ever at the time)

Jim Nantz: Good afternoon friends ...and welcome to CBS' coverage of the AFC Championship game. Glad you can join us for this spectacular matchup between the Patriots and Colts

Jim Nantz: Peyton Manning
Phil Simms: Tom Brady
Phi Simms: Tom Brady
Phil Simms: Tom Brady
Phil Simms: Eli Manning

the thing is we might not play them in the AFCCG, it could be in the divisional if we end up as the 4th seed. We would have to overtake denver and cincy whom we are currently behind in the seedings.

the thing is we might not play them in the AFCCG, it could be in the divisional if we end up as the 4th seed. We would have to overtake denver and cincy whom we are currently behind in the seedings.

I bet we end up #2. I think Cinci loses in Minnesota and San Diego ending up 12 - 4 with the #4 seed.

WE win out for it to be possible, but the other games for Cinci SHOULD be cake.

I think Denver loses in San Diego this week, maybe even the Giants the week after, and I really think they get schooled by Indy in Indy.

I think SD ends up 12-4 with the #3 seed having edged Cinci.

Heard it here first! :rolleyes:

This is getting to be Red Sox/Yankees type hype now...the networks are going to be all over this when we play them in the playoffs.

I'm not insinuating the networks control which teams make the playoffs, and who plays who, but there is an inevitability about a rematch that is undeniable.

QB12

I'm not insinuating the networks control which teams make the playoffs, and who plays who, but there is an inevitability about a rematch that is undeniable.

QB12

Even if we win the division with the #4 seed, as long as one of the other wild card team takes care of #3 it isn't the Colts until the AFCCG(assuming they lock up the #1 seed). BUT, I really need to just think about the Jest.

I am on duty, and am alone with my thoughts! :snob:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a question, can you imagine if the Pats travel to Indy for the AFCCG and lose again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing