PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you believe BB got 3 draft picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
this training camp/pre-season.

Not all lower draft picks turn out, and somebody I'm sure knows the odds of one turning out, but if we get even one good young player from them --- GREAT!!!!!!

PATRIOTS-80 said:
this training camp/pre-season.

Not all lower draft picks turn out, and somebody I'm sure knows the odds of one turning out, but if we get even one good young player from them --- GREAT!!!!!!

Unbelievable to get those picks for guys that were gone anyway.

I wonder how you convert a boatload of #7s to anything useful, but better to have than to have not.:D

The odds may not be good, but Brady (6th), Pass (7th), TBC (7th), Givens (7th), Cassell (7th), and Andrews (7th) in 6 years, plus other late rounders still floating around the league has to make you feel warm and fuzzy all over. ;)

who was the 3rd one? gorin, cobbs, and who?

PatsWorldChamps said:
who was the 3rd one? gorin, cobbs, and who?
Ross Tucker to Cleveland.

Hey, don't forget, we've got a starting kicker who looks the deal from round 4, and a starting OT from 5!

In the FO I trust.

One thing to remember - and it's probably VERY important in the eyes of Belichick and Pioli. Low round draft picks get you the CHOICE of all of the players who might otherwise be undrafted rookies and go to other teams. You can probably guess that BB/SP would have liked to get some UDRFAs into camp that other teams beat them out on. What a strategy.

And at the same time, I suppose you could look at it that they double their chances of getting another Brady, Givens, etc.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
The odds may not be good, but Brady (6th), Pass (7th), TBC (7th), Givens (7th), Cassell (7th), and Andrews (7th) in 6 years, plus other late rounders still floating around the league has to make you feel warm and fuzzy all over. ;)

The Pats have been outstanding picking in the low rounds. But they have a ton of compensation picks also.

No way they use them all and low rounders are harder to trade, compensation picks untradeable.

Maybe they trade some mid picks and take some gambles with the oodles of low rounders.

RayClay said:
The Pats have been outstanding picking in the low rounds. But they have a ton of compensation picks also.

No way they use them all and low rounders are harder to trade, compensation picks untradeable.

Maybe they trade some mid picks and take some gambles with the oodles of low rounders.
We'll have fun speculating on the possible bundled pick moves next spring. If one of the compensatory picks is a fifth or better (which I think is likely), then you've got some horsepower to try and get to two 4th round picks again or move around a little in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. There seems to be a good chance Gorin brings home a 6th, and if Tucker can mesh with the rest of the O-line, he is a good 6th candidate. Also, think about teams like the Redskins who traded away some picks,or a club like Miami this past year that didn't have very many picks from previous year's trading - you can tease them with extra second day picks for a position swap in round 2. Lots of fun next spring. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
We'll have fun speculating on the possible bundled pick moves next spring. If one of the compensatory picks is a fifth or better (which I think is likely), then you've got some horsepower to try and get to two 4th round picks again or move around a little in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. There seems to be a good chance Gorin brings home a 6th, and if Tucker can mesh with the rest of the O-line, he is a good 6th candidate. Also, think about teams like the Redskins who traded away some picks,or a club like Miami this past year that didn't have very many picks from previous year's trading - you can tease them with extra second day picks for a position swap in round 2. Lots of fun next spring. :D

dont forget we cant trade compensatory picks

also, do we have any extra picks from earlier trades?
usually we make trades on draft day for a next yr pick and i feel like we got an extra third or somthin for this yr?

The more **** that hits the fan with these high picks, the happier I am with the lower picks!

patsfan55 said:
dont forget we cant trade compensatory picks I didn't, but thanks. ;)

also, do we have any extra picks from earlier trades?
usually we make trades on draft day for a next yr pick and i feel like we got an extra third or somthin for this yr?
I believe BB used all 11 picks up this year, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6C, 6C, 7 - he bundled a 3rd for Jackson and that accounts for all of them. Still, he's got 10 on the books plus the comp picks, so I dare say he can move around a bit next spring. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
I believe BB used all 11 picks up this year, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6C, 6C, 7 - he bundled a 3rd for Jackson and that accounts for all of them. Still, he's got 10 on the books plus the comp picks, so I dare say he can move around a bit next spring. :D

ugh dont remind me about that extra third for jackson
when we coulda had my boy greg jennings with our original pick
who green bay did take with our pick

since then greg jennings has LIT IT UP in preseason
and i mean lit it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey