PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we talk about the Patriots now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I don't care anymore. In my opinion, Seattle had the SB stolen from them. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I just want to talk New England Patriots football again. I want the team to be relevant again. Everyone has a 0-0 record now. Pittsburgh won, congratulations to them. My attention has officially shifted to next season.

chunkyponyTE82 said:
I don't care anymore. In my opinion, Seattle had the SB stolen from them. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I just want to talk New England Patriots football again. I want the team to be relevant again. Everyone has a 0-0 record now. Pittsburgh won, congratulations to them. My attention has officially shifted to next season.

Who's stopping you? Wow the day after the SB people are talking about it. Outrageous.

Michael said:
Who's stopping you? Wow the day after the SB people are talking about it. Outrageous.

Dude, you've got me all wrong. I'm not trying to stir up any trouble, I just can't take much more of this "Steelers are the best team in football stuff".

You're right. Forget I said it.

I've been talking Pats all day. It's next year now. Free agency, the combine, the draft, I'm a happy guy.

Michigan Dave said:
I've been talking Pats all day. It's next year now. Free agency, the combine, the draft, I'm a happy guy.

where are those threads? All I am seeing are Super Bowl XL threads....

chunkyponyTE82 said:
where are those threads? All I am seeing are Super Bowl XL threads....I don't care anymore. In my opinion, Seattle had the SB stolen from them. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I just want to talk New England Patriots football again. I want the team to be relevant again. Everyone has a 0-0 record now. Pittsburgh won, congratulations to them. My attention has officially shifted to next season.

It's been less than 24 hours since we all watched a Superbowl in which the officiating appeared to effect the outcome of the game in a way that favored a team with a better storyline. Most of us who are discussing this are doing so this with an eye to next season. The Patriots were effected by similarly abyssmal officiating in their division game on the road against the Broncos, and oddly the Steelers would have been too if the Colts had not self destructed.

I don't want to be discussing officiating effecting our 4th in 6 campaign next season. So the more we talk about it now perhaps the more note the media will take and hopefully the NFL will do something about it. OK? You want to bury your head in the sand and return to discussing things we cannot influence that are months away to boot like FA and the draft, be my guest. Just don't be upset if we do everything right and end up getting screwed out of a Lombardi because the officiating still sucks. It will if everyone just moves on - and the NFL will be ecstatic if we do.

MoLewisrocks said:
It's been less than 24 hours since we all watched a Superbowl in which the officiating appeared to effect the outcome of the game in a way that favored a team with a better storyline. Most of us who are discussing this are doing so this with an eye to next season. The Patriots were effected by similarly abyssmal officiating in their division game on the road against the Broncos, and oddly the Steelers would have been too if the Colts had not self destructed.

I don't want to be discussing officiating effecting our 4th in 6 campaign next season. So the more we talk about it now perhaps the more note the media will take and hopefully the NFL will do something about it. OK? You want to bury your head in the sand and return to discussing things we cannot influence that are months away to boot like FA and the draft, be my guest. Just don't be upset if we do everything right and end up getting screwed out of a Lombardi because the officiating still sucks. It will if everyone just moves on - and the NFL will be ecstatic if we do.

I agree, but do more and steady posts about bad officiating on boards like this cause some kind of background hum that Tagliabue can hear? I mean, what good can it do? Some petitions were started, OK, but will they ever get to an office that can do some good? In an ideal world, maybe.

Ok

Here's some Patriot talk. On Espn radio Sal Palintonio (sp) said he had an 'off the record' talk with Brady before the SB game.

He said the the conversation revealed that Tom felt sick knowing that the Patriots could beat either one of the teams playing in the SB.

If it was off the record then why did ole Sallie mention it on national radio?

its was next year for me the minute the patriots lost.as far as im concerned the steelers are just holding our trophy till next year.

PATSNUTme said:
Here's some Patriot talk. On Espn radio Sal Palintonio (sp) said he had an 'off the record' talk with Brady before the SB game.

He said the the conversation revealed that Tom felt sick knowing that the Patriots could beat either one of the teams playing in the SB.

Really? Way to go, Sal, it's "off the record" for a reason.

But even so, Brady was right.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

I missed that. I tuned in get Felgers read on all this but after five minutes of listening to his incompetent substitute co-host (Cafardo) and Sal Pal ballwashing Ben's bright future (while ignoring his 22 QB rating) and bashing a Seattle team (Sallie says this proved his contention they were weak and the Steelers proved what a warrior force they are) that gave the Stillers all they could handle without 12th man interference from the zebras for three and a half quarters, I shut it off.

PATSNUTme said:

I think it was on Pardon the Interruption today (they hated the Super Bowl) that they commented on how it must have killed both the Patriots and Colts that they could have beaten either of those teams yesterday.

I think it was PTI anyway... might be wrong...

Also, I saw Tony Dungy interviewed on a Canadian show and when asked which QB he'd like if not Manning he said Rothlesberger... :rolleyes:

CheerforTom said:
Also, I saw Tony Dungy interviewed on a Canadian show and when asked which QB he'd like if not Manning he said Rothlesberger... :rolleyes:
Well, that was probably a savvy self-preservation move by Dungy. Can you imagine if he had said Brady? The fans of Indy would have had a collective meltdown.

Reason #25 why a Dungy team will never be in the SB.

Tom Jackson rated us the #1 team for the 2006 on Sportscenter. Trying to endear himself to Belichick, maybe. :p

Hey, look at all the Patriots talk now. Brady's gay clothes. A possible Seahawks troll telling us the Patriots suck becase his team lost.

As far as I am concerned, the SB was over when the first bad flag robbed Seattle of a score. The Steelers are paper champs and Ben Roethlisberger is a freaking joke QB...... Cannot wait to see what BB and a real pro QB have in store for us. Go and take what yours, New England! :rocker:

Michael said:

outrageous? right now everyone is 0-0... the pats have to be the favorites for XLI
it's a new season. HERE'S TO FOOTBALL!

MoLewisrocks said:
Just don't be upset if we do everything right and end up getting screwed out of a Lombardi because the officiating still sucks. It will if everyone just moves on - and the NFL will be ecstatic if we do.

Most compelling statement on all this ... that i've read in the past 24 hours.

flutie2phelan said:
Most compelling statement on all this ... that i've read in the past 24 hours.
you need to read more then, dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back