PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we stop freaking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DShero

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Early last year after week 4 we were all doom and gloom about our team and yet our GOAT coach and GOAT QB proved us wrong again and won a fourth Super Bowl. Yes we have a lot of injured players but we are (lucky?) the injuries happened when they did. We have a positive outlook on most of our injured players and they should be ready for the playoffs. I don't even care if we have the 6th seed. WE know we are better than every team out there and can beat them on their field, our field, a field made out of spaghetti, it doesn't matter. I think we can go 4-1 the rest of the way (AT WORST) but if we don't it really doesn't matter. We are the best team in the LEAGUE with our best players available and it's not even close.

I'm not worried about the loss, just pissed. You're right about injuries happening when there's time to get healthy and we don't have too many tough games left. Despite dropping a game to the Broncos, the Pats still control their own destiny with home field advantage.

I'm just tired of the negativity after a loss. Yes we all know we didn't lose that game. The refs won it for the Broncos. But it DOESN'T MATTER. We will be okay.

Freaking out? I just watched an NFL officiating crew openly fix the result of a supposed contest after the Patriots and their star QB spent an offseason needlessly defending their integrity because a couple of butthurt *****es and a corrupt commissioner got their panties in a knot.

I can't wait to see the NFL's Patriots hatchet job in the meadowlands later this season.

If Gronk was seriously hurt we would be justified in freaking out. And we all were because that was our assumption. But since we were wrong noone is freaking out anymore. So what's the issue?

Good point. I was about to cry when I saw him screaming in pain. But as fans who expect excellence we sometimes think we are invincible and can't lose a game and people overreact.

Freaking out? I just watched an NFL officiating crew openly fix the result of a supposed contest after the Patriots and their star QB spent an offseason needlessly defending their integrity because a couple of butthurt *****es and a corrupt commissioner got their panties in a knot.

I can't wait to see the NFL's Patriots hatchet job in the meadowlands later this season.

I really believe we are good enough to overcome the NYJFL's agenda.

I really believe we are good enough to overcome the NYJFL's agenda.
The reality is, after the dust settled and I somewhat calmed myself from the screw job, I understood just how good this team is. Get healthy, get the OL sorted and they'll go back to back.

The reality is, after the dust settled and I somewhat calmed myself from the screw job, I understood just how good this team is. Get healthy, get the OL sorted and they'll go back to back.

Exactly. We are not even close to full strength. (70%)? and we almost beat an 8-2 team in their house. And they had to be helped extensively by the officials. This is why I am not worried. If the NFL is dumb enough to do another screw job on national TV during the playoffs then that's their own fault, and it WILL NOT be received well, considering how even patriots haters received this latest screw job.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Early last year after week 4 we were all doom and gloom about our team and yet our GOAT coach and GOAT QB proved us wrong again and won a fourth Super Bowl. Yes we have a lot of injured players but we are (lucky?) the injuries happened when they did. We have a positive outlook on most of our injured players and they should be ready for the playoffs. I don't even care if we have the 6th seed. WE know we are better than every team out there and can beat them on their field, our field, a field made out of spaghetti, it doesn't matter. I think we can go 4-1 the rest of the way (AT WORST) but if we don't it really doesn't matter. We are the best team in the LEAGUE with our best players available and it's not even close.

Can we stop freaking out?? Hmmm, I think that is a fair suggestion worthy of further rational discussion and feedback. I suggest you try the gameday thread to receive lots of that good rational feedback on your suggestion... :)

Can we stop freaking out?? Hmmm, I think that is a fair suggestion worthy of further rational discussion and feedback. I suggest you try the gameday thread to receive lots of that good rational feedback on your suggestion... :)

I know better than to try the gameday thread or postgame thread for this topic haha. I would just like to remind people that until 15 years ago we were not always this successful of a franchise. Appreciate what we have now. We won't win every game as much as we would like to.

Last edited:
main.php

We were having " I don't care, I can't stand it" threads when we were undefeated so I think everyone is actually taking this loss quite well. I for one didn't even care that we lost after finding out gronk was going to be alright

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Exactly. We are not even close to full strength. (70%)? and we almost beat an 8-2 team in their house. And they had to be helped extensively by the officials. This is why I am not worried. If the NFL is dumb enough to do another screw job on national TV during the playoffs then that's their own fault, and it WILL NOT be received well, considering how even patriots haters received this latest screw job.

I'd feel better if the Patriots are capable of scoring enough to get too far out in front for uncertainty of the outcome to be removed. It's the best bulletproofing against a refs screw job. The good news is, IMHO, once health returns we will be close to that first half of the season where the Patriots were dismissing their opponents/scoring enough where the final outcome was not really in doubt/not capable of being altered.

Lewis is the big deal in terms of production loss. If anyone (White, Bolden, even Blount, ???) can step up to just 2/3 the role Lewis played (what I consider a reasonable expectation), the Patriots will become that unstoppable force we saw for 8 games.
-It is believed that Gronk, DA, and Jules will be back to full strength.
-The OL appears to be getting healthy. Quite a difference watching the OL play Sunday night versus the last few weeks.
Offense: TB at QB, an OL providing lots of protection/time, Jules Gronk LaFell DA (and even Lewis and Chandler) targets. It should return the Patriots to that most difficult offense to stop. Someone just moderately steps up at the 3rd down back role? Patriots are rolling with too many targets capable of beating their one on one coverage to be kept under 30 points.

Defense: It is believed Hightower and Collins will be back at full strength (be nice to have Coleman back). With them back this defense is, IMHO, overly capable of stopping even top tier offenses from getting 30 points. With Ryan and Butler providing competitive coverage (man to man) along with the pass rush being the best I have seen from the Patriots in quite a long time, opposing offenses are going to have a very difficult time sustaining 4 TD drives ((as long as the Run D doesn't slip into the abyss like it displayed at too many points against Denver)).

A defense that most frequently gives up lower point totals complemented with an offense that is the top QB protected by a very good OL and throwing into a very rich target environment (and add in complementary top STs), it makes the equation seem pretty obvious to me. As I have said, annoyingly :), too many times this year this team along with the conditions of this year's NFL makes for a very well paved road to the SB win for the Patriots. As long as the Patriots get these guys healthy and don't have any new key injury setbacks, exactly what team does anyone look at and think "oh they are so good on offense? Or they are just scary of defense? Or this team looks very good on both sides of the ball, beating them in Foxboro or Santa Clara seems such a tall task to accomplish?
As long as health doesn't derail it (and the league doesn't find a way to derail it by other means), this is the Patriots year.

I know better than to try the gameday thread or postgame thread for this topic haha. I would just like to remind people that until 15 years ago we were not always this successful of a franchise. Appreciate what we have now. We won't win every game as much as we would like to.

True enough.
BTW, at the beginning of the season I was already implementing your 'don't freak out' suggestion.
Take a look at my sig below. I made that my sig around game 1 in hope I might keep just one poster from going out on the ledge after a Patriots' loss.
Sure, it's a thankless job to look out for/help others. But I didn't have anything better to do so why not? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes