Victor Abiamiri, 6-4 260 4.72, Notre Dame

DB's
Brandon Meriweather, 6-0 190 4.49, Miami
Tom Zbikowski, 5-11 210 4.42, Notre Dame
Michael Griffin, 6-0 205 4.45, Texas
LaRon Landry, 6-2 205 4.46, LSU
Leon Hall, 5-11 195 4.43, Michigan
Daymeion Hughes, 6-2 188 4.52, Cal

the 2007 draft is much much more deeper defensively than this draft. All these guys listed are considered 1st round picks. Next years the year to take a DB or LB first round.

Last edited:
It would be a great idea to add names to this when someone get info. Or, even a different list. It's all good.

But I do think we should sticky this thread for that purpose.

Don't forget Paul Poslunzy (sp.) from Penn St. He may be the first LB taken. :rocker:

bigrichard93 said:
first round possibilities next year...

LB's
LaMarr Woodley, 6-3 274 4.76, Michigan
H.B. Blades (ILB), 6-1 245 4.63, Pitt
Patrick Willis (ILB), 6-2 235 4.65, Mississippi
Tim Crowder, 6-4 270 4.73, Texas
Gaines Adams, 6-5 260 4.76, Clemson
Quentin Moses, 6-5 255 4.70, Georgia
Victor Abiamiri, 6-4 260 4.72, Notre Dame

DB's
Brandon Meriweather, 6-0 190 4.49, Miami
Tom Zbikowski, 5-11 210 4.42, Notre Dame
Michael Griffin, 6-0 205 4.45, Texas
LaRon Landry, 6-2 205 4.46, LSU
Leon Hall, 5-11 195 4.43, Michigan
Daymeion Hughes, 6-2 188 4.52, Cal

the 2007 draft is much much more deeper defensively than this draft. All these guys listed are considered 1st round picks. Next years the year to take a DB or LB first round.

That list doesn't even include the cream of the crop juniors.

borisman said:
That list doesn't even include the cream of the crop juniors.

No it doesn't. All seniors. Probably the juniors will follow in mid season when there is an indiction that they may declare for the draft.

This year there were over 40. Some other years there have been in the 20's.

How deep is this draft compared to this years?? That is a most important!! I think this year's draft was deeper than 05 or 04....

the 2007 draft is not expected to be as strong as 2006, but that could change with a heavy influx of juniors.

The draft will have some blue chippers that will go early. Quinn qb ND and Peterson RB Oklahoma, to name a few.

From the list of DB's and LB's Willis and Meriweather could go in the top 10.

Ochmed Jones said:
the 2007 draft is not expected to be as strong as 2006, but that could change with a heavy influx of juniors.

The draft will have some blue chippers that will go early. Quinn qb ND and Peterson RB Oklahoma, to name a few.

From the list of DB's and LB's Willis and Meriweather could go in the top 10.

The WRs Johnson and Ginn. I think Johnson is going to be great.

I agree 100% with you on Johnson. If he had a QB that could throw, he'd be nationally known by now.

I also like the TE and FB from Rutgers. I think they would look good playing for us in 07.

Ochmed Jones said:
I agree 100% with you on Johnson. If he had a QB that could throw, he'd be nationally known by now.

I also like the TE and FB from Rutgers. I think they would look good playing for us in 07.

I'm a big fan of the TE Harris. After this last draft, however, we might not be taking a TE day one next year.

dryheat44 said:
After this last draft, however, we might not be taking a TE day one next year.

hahahahahahahahahaha! Good one.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
hahahahahahahahahaha! Good one.

LOL

You're right. If Mills plays H-back, and Graham signs elsewhere, taking yet another Day One TE is not impossible. Drafting TEs is one of BB's favorite things.

The Pats like to play with a power front, and rub-blocking TEs who double as serious receiving threats makes for some very hard matchups for opposing Ds.

-------------

Have to admit, I've got a huge man-crush on Tom Zbikowski. Talk about tough guy. He's got a gig on the side as a serious boxer: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2389370
What would I give to see him playing SS for us, and popping receivers on their crossing routes. 215# and runs a 4.4 . A bruiser in the secondary and a breakout punt returner. A guy from Weis's hands who could step right into the SS spot and crush.

rookBoston said:
LOL

You're right. If Mills plays H-back, and Graham signs elsewhere, taking yet another Day One TE is not impossible. Drafting TEs is one of BB's favorite things.

The Pats like to play with a power front, and rub-blocking TEs who double as serious receiving threats makes for some very hard matchups for opposing Ds.

-------------

Have to admit, I've got a huge man-crush on Tom Zbikowski. Talk about tough guy. He's got a gig on the side as a serious boxer: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2389370
What would I give to see him playing SS for us, and popping receivers on their crossing routes. 215# and runs a 4.4 . A bruiser in the secondary and a breakout punt returner. A guy from Weis's hands who could step right into the SS spot and crush.

This Zbikowski, if he could cover he'd be dangerous. How many blwon coverages did he have against Michigan State, and in numerous other games. A big play guy, but freelances and makes horrific mistakes. Unless he makes major improvements this year he's a name recognition guy that someone will take early but really is a 2nd day player... but I've been wrong many times before...

Calvin Johnson WR from GA Tech is a stud. And he sems to have all the qualities to make a "patriots type" player.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Calvin Johnson WR from GA Tech is a stud. And he sems to have all the qualities to make a "patriots type" player.
Unfortunately his qualities will make him a top five pick.

BelichickFan said:
Unfortunately his qualities will make him a top five pick.

That depends on how many underclassmen declare. There could be other studs that may be graded ahead of him, I hope.

It also depends on the other team needs ahead of us. If he drops to the 20's then we could be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes